Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

351w Positve Valve Seal issue

Hello Everyone

so I'm having an issue where my Exhaust valve seals keep "popping off" and creates blue smoke through the back, this isn't the first time this has happened & its not in one particular valve either, its only on the exhaust side valves. Motor is still new less than 7k miles, Motor was built by F-P-S by Troy, I talked with Troy but he said he never had an issue with his seal popping off so he sent me an extra set for good measure, so hopefully I can install them this weekend.

is there any reason as to why these things keep slipping off? I know positive valve seals are not ment to move. The heads I'm currently running are Avenger Heads which F-P-S use's in their engine builds.

I believe they used to be canfields recasted as avenger which are built in house by FPS. I also attached pics of the built motor, but no specs on heads. (Sorry for the bad quality) motor is a 351w stroked to a 392w

is there any tips you guys recommend? or should I just pull head outs toss it and purchase a new set of heads?

thanks in advance gents!

1969 Mustang Coupe 392w Stroker

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com