Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

No need for a build thread.. My new 1970 Firebird aka "Strike"

So yea.. some on here have seen my 70 Firebird poncho350 that I call "Strike" actually its strike3 because its my third classic PONTIAC and every time I build one of these the Poncho guys got retard on me and say I did some sort of blasphemy.. immediate STRIKE to my name with them out the gate.. So Strike it is... lol..

I really just did basic modifications( Hotchkis drops, 3 inch drop leafs, Swaybars, Brake upgrade and some pretty things here and there with MY touches.. lol) to it and have just been enjoying driving it around as a daily beater..

You know I like to make it stylistically similar to my other cars.. I did my lil GS stripe but very different than most would.. I kindof felt like it was like warpaint for the 2nd gen in that treatment.. being ponchos mascot is usually an indian warrior I felt like it was fitting..

this is the first car I ever rocked a color on.. I guess it works as far as the name too because its "beat you black and blue" colorscheme.. oh well.. just wanted to share my new-ish addition to my harem.

how she started out.. this was November..

This was by January.. lol.

and me having some fun on Pshop!.. I thought Jango would like it cause it matched his armor.. lol!

So yea.. thats it!..

other than this.. visually itll stay relatively the same other than putting on the back flares on her which Ive been to lazy to do so and a front splitter with stabilizers but I will be having a mean Pontiac 455 motor built for it..

later fellas..

Country Flag: United States
      Nice. What kind of wheels and size
      James W.
      SoCal
      Instagram: @626Chevelle
      1968 Chevelle for the track and fun LS1
      1972 Chevelle True Daily Driver

Used to be known as SlowJammin626

They are 18s with some real thick meats.. these firebirds wheel openings are different from the camaros as they are round and not square so 19s fill them better so 18s with lots of rubber fit nicely.

What was the rationale behind swapping to a TA hood and shaker?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      What was the rationale behind swapping to a TA hood and shaker?

Andrew

Aesthetics?

I just like it more.. Lol

and the formula hood was not in the best shape..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.VENGEANCE View Post
      I just like it more.. Lol

and the formula hood was not in the best shape..
      That's as good a reasons as any. I was just curious.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Yea most people really dig the Formula hood.. I completely understand.. but my eye as a designer keeps seeing a pair of nostrils that compete with the nostrils of the front bumper.. witch just wierds me out.. lol!

The face of these is what makes me love them more than a 2nd gen Camaro.. MOST people like the split bumper camaro with the RS treatment.. but strangely for me I actually like the non rs with the full length bumper..

oh well.. VROOOM!

Looks wicked. Tell the Pontiac guys to mind their own dam business.
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

What were those original wheels that were on it? I kind of liked them. The finished result came out well too.
      Aldin
      1969 Camaro (Weapon of Choice) in the works

Quote Originally Posted by 19,69camaro View Post
      What were those original wheels that were on it? I kind of liked them. The finished result came out well too.
      funny you said that as I was actually enjoying life in this state til I got the current wheels for a song..

they are some type of Centerlines.. but I plasticoated them and whitelettered the tires with my crew stencils.

I really like the blacked-out brightwork. What'd you use on that?

Love it, black wheels look killer...please tell me its loud and makes babies cry when you start it!...the blacked out hood is crying out for hood pins I think?

I see a couple small dings on the fender, you could get a set of louvers from pegasus racing and put them right there...a little function and probably easier then bodywork.

My man Dirk!

how you been man!?

oh believe me theres plenty of dings and imperfections!
      Thats precisely why I can enjoy this thing as a daily.. no real worry about a couple more dings when this girls face was already scarred up.. one more wont mean much.

and it is loud but not you and me loud.. our first gens everytime they are cranked up a hipster dies as a proverb of our thing once applied to his bumper..

Its just poncho oldschool V8 loud for now.. but I have a MEAN 455 waiting to go in right now on the engine stand that might make a couple public defender lawyers faint when it starts up.. lol.

ima look into that pegasus racing for sure..

and hows that cold ass weather up there?.. I feel bad for yall.. heres some Canadian Breakdancing to make you feel better.. lol.

Cool car, making me super anxious that I can't start on mine till the current Buick build is done in 6 weeks. And everyone's got their personal preference, mine is going to be a Trans Am with a Formula hood. And for the record, I like the standard early second gen Camaro front end too, that's how I'm building mine.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

It sucks up here, i have been shoveling and working outside almost every day...had it with new york! Sure the pizzas great but you have to hide all winter.

I know I’m digging up an old thread but I’ll love some information on your wheels. Width, backspace and if you had to massage the finders to get them to fit.

Love the car!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com