Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

IN STOCK! Rick's Stamped Steel 67-69 Camaro / 68-74 Nova EFI Gas Tanks

Ok guys, here it is! The long awaited Rick's Tanks RESTOMOD Stamped Steel tanks!

The tanks are IN STOCK in Texas, ready to ship.

Current applications available: 67-69 Camaro/Firebird and 68-74 Nova / X-Body

The Vitals:
      Clipped corners for Mini Tubbed Cars

16.5 Gallon Capacity

Straps included

Will NOT work with Narrowed LEAF springs

Uses either the 5th Gen Camaro pump, ZL1 or CTS-V

Adapter plate coming soon to use a Walbro or similar single or dual pump setup in place of the 5th Gen style pumps.

No internal baffles, we have all seen they are not needed and are not even used in the vaporworx tanks anymore..

The Fuel Level Sending unit is available in a few different configurations, either the generic 5 bolt pattern basic units used in the Tanks Inc type systems or the Isspro Tube Style, available with your tank purchase.

All tanks are painted Flat Black

Available "Dynamic pump module" Kit. This includes: Gen 5 Camaro pump with modified regulator (necessary), Dual corner pickups, Wiring harness, Pushlock Fitting and Fuel level sending unit. This unit is an easy way to make an easy Bolt-in setup vs purchasing each part separate and modifying the Regulator on the new pump.

The bare tank is under $400 list!

We can package it up with just a pump, sender, DPM module, however you want it... Just give us a call, Email or PM with your Model and Year.
      Attached Images Attached Images              
      MCB - Matt's Classic Bowties
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      TEXT ONLY: 925-989-9091 (Replied 8-4)
      www.mcbparts.com

Email: [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      Hours: Monday to Friday 8am - 4pm Pacific
      We ALWAYS enjoy talking to our customers!
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

We have received many inquiries as to what it would cost for a turnkey tank "package" with the Dynamic pump module kit.

This pump kit will get you everything you need other than plumbing and wiring it up. The Pump Module kit will Come with: Gen 5 Camaro pump, Modified Regulator, Corner Fuel Pickups, Wiring Harness, Pushlock fitting and Fuel Level Sending Unit!

67-68 Camaro / Firebird $995 shipped (48 states)

69 Camaro / Firebird $1010 shipped (48 states)

68-72 Nova $1029 shipped (48 states)

Thanks
      MCB
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Like us on Facebook for exclusive offers, info and chat: www.facebook.com/mcbparts
      We have a full time staff to answer ALL Questions, Tech Support or Order Status Tracking!

Curious about the corner fuel pickups - unless they have a valve that closes when it starts sucking air wouldn't you be better off with a single or maybe double setup running down the midline. If the concern is low fuel shifting, would not the one on the side the fuel is shifting away from start sucking air, thereby preventing the submerged one from sucking fuel? If you put two straws in your mouth with one in a coke and one outside the glass you're going to get a whole lot of air and not much coke.
      I'm probably wrong about their purpose, so if someone could educate me I'd be grateful.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd71 View Post
      Curious about the corner fuel pickups - unless they have a valve that closes when it starts sucking air wouldn't you be better off with a single or maybe double setup running down the midline. If the concern is low fuel shifting, would not the one on the side the fuel is shifting away from start sucking air, thereby preventing the submerged one from sucking fuel? If you put two straws in your mouth with one in a coke and one outside the glass you're going to get a whole lot of air and not much coke.
      I'm probably wrong about their purpose, so if someone could educate me I'd be grateful.
      The way it works is that the corner pickups have a float valve in them. As soon as they don't see fuel they close.

The valve system has been tested on the track with 1 gallon of fuel. It performed flawlessly!

We always expect the best from Rick's and they always deliver!

Thanks
      Matt
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

More Details..
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Looking forward to one being available for 1967 mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
      Looking forward to one being available for 1967 mustangs.
      I do have a direct fit, stamped steel tank for EFI in your 67 Mustang.

PM me the details of what you need and I will see if it will work for you.

Thanks
      Matt
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Got it through Matts Classic Bowties and the service was fantastic as usual. This is the bullet fuel hat setup with two walbro 450 pumps

So that twin-pump setup slides into a canister with dual corner pickups, like that shown with the GM module above?

Looks great Chris, let us know how the install goes!

Thanks again for all of your purchases with us!
      Matt
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

No corner pickups with this setup just the canister.

IN STOCK! Rick's Stamped Steel 67-69 Camaro / 68-74 Nova EFI Gas Tanks

Matt, there are a bunch of us out here they don't want to spend 1000-1200 for a gas tank, I chose to use the DSE mini tub kit now I'm obligated to buy a 1200 dollar gas tank or carve up my trunk for a fuel cell.... Ugggg. If someone came out with a tank that is stamped and will fit offset shackles there is definitely a market out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed509 View Post
      Matt, there are a bunch of us out here they don't want to spend 1000-1200 for a gas tank, I chose to use the DSE mini tub kit now I'm obligated to buy a 1200 dollar gas tank or carve up my trunk for a fuel cell.... Ugggg. If someone came out with a tank that is stamped and will fit offset shackles there is definitely a market out there.
      I fully understand your frustration! However, there isn't much we can do. The problem is these stamped tanks typically need to be done in batches of about 500 or so. That is after the tooling has been made, which is not cheap either. My suggestion would be to make it know to Rick's that there is demand, we have already done this, the more they hear, they more likely they are to consider doing one.

On the flip side, please don't take this wrong, but once you cut into the car for tubs ect, you are building a custom car and of course they get expensive, these are toys for all of us, not necessary things. There are only so many solutions available in the market to complete the rear in tubbed cars. The prices these days of 4 link and torque arm suspensions have opened up this option to so many guys now that we see a LOT of builds involving tubs ect getting them. I think these are the same things tank manufactures see as well and that is why you don't see a tank available other than the Stainless versions. They can be made one at a time on demand vs paying the big tooling costs and importing huge containers full of tanks.

Matt

5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

What sad is that Ricks stainless tanks are $1899
      $900 more than these for stainless vs steel. Wow!
      My wish is that someone will make a stainless tank for
      a fuel injected car for $1000

Quote Originally Posted by MCB Matt View Post
      We have received many inquiries as to what it would cost for a turnkey tank "package" with the Dynamic pump module kit.

This pump kit will get you everything you need other than plumbing and wiring it up. The Pump Module kit will Come with: Gen 5 Camaro pump, Modified Regulator, Corner Fuel Pickups, Wiring Harness, Pushlock fitting and Fuel Level Sending Unit!

67-68 Camaro / Firebird $995 shipped (48 states)

69 Camaro / Firebird $1010 shipped (48 states)

68-72 Nova $1029 shipped (48 states)

Thanks
      MCB
      Matt,

I am confused. You quote this package with the Dynamic Pump Module(DPM), but in the Resto Mod ad, he refers to the DPM as the billet module that will accept 2 pumps. Does your package include the DPM, or the OEM module? The fact that yours includes the Pushlock fitting leads me to believe that it is actually the OEM module. I would love to get the stamped tank with the DPM for $995, please clarify.

Thanks, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet99 View Post
      Matt,

I am confused. You quote this package with the Dynamic pump module(DPM), but in the Resto Mod ad, he refers to the DPM as the billet module that will accept 2 pumps. Does your package include the DPM, or the OEM module? The fact that yours includes the Pushlock fitting leads me to believe that it is actually the OEM module. I would love to get the stamped tank with the DPM for $995, please clarify.

Thanks, Mike
      The prices posted include their DPM which is the GM Gen 5 Camaro pump with modified regulator, corner pickups with floats that auto open/close so no air gets in if you are running low on fuel, the MUCH better tube style sending unit, and straps.

When I posted pricing the Billet adapter for the Walbro pumps wasn't out yet and they didn't have pricing. I think there was a little confusion in the flyer. Example: the tanks come painted black, not silver like the ad pics. The first pics I posted are of the actual inventory.

We can also do the ZL1 or CTS-V pump.

Let me know if you have any other questions on the systems.
      Thanks
      Matt
      Last edited by MCB Matt; 04-03-2015 at 04:12 PM.
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Thank you for the clarification Matt. So how much for the tank with the billet module without pumps? I am thinking about sectioning the stamped tank instead of going with the stainless tank.

Thanks again,
      Mike

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet99 View Post
      Thank you for the clarification Matt. So how much for the tank with the billet module without pumps? I am thinking about sectioning the stamped tank instead of going with the stainless tank.

Thanks again,
      Mike
      PM on the way.
      Thanks
      Matt
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Hi Matt,

I want to first say that those tanks look amazing! I am in the process of building a 1968 Camaro and looking around for EFI tanks and came across this. I starting looking at the options out there for fuel pump assemblies, and will the V6 fuel pump assembly fit into the tank? Just looking for some budget options because the LS3 assemblies are about $200 more than the V6 units.

Thanks,
      Ryan

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by ryeguy2006a View Post
      Hi Matt,

I want to first say that those tanks look amazing! I am in the process of building a 1968 Camaro and looking around for EFI tanks and came across this. I starting looking at the options out there for fuel pump assemblies, and will the V6 fuel pump assembly fit into the tank? Just looking for some budget options because the LS3 assemblies are about $200 more than the V6 units.

Thanks,
      Ryan
      PM on the way.
      Thanks
      Matt
      5360 Gateway Plaza Dr.
      Benicia, Ca. 94510
      866-628-8746
      www.mcbparts.com

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com