Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

-6AN fittings and hardlines

Gonna be dropping in my carb'd SBF in my 66 coupe and need to plumb the fuel lines. My question pertains to -6AN tube fitting using compression fittings. My preference is to hardline between fittings rather than use braided hose, I understand whats traditionally done is use braided, its a preference to hardline the runs unless someone can recommend not doing it. I was looking at the Summit's tube adapter fittings, http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-2200075b . Looks very similar to Aeromotive, but can't get a psi rating for the Summit fitting. Realizing this is carb'd, maybe 10psi from the mechanical fuel pump, how tight are these fittings and what's the psi rating. Are they a bear to seal given the fittings are aluminum and the line will be 3/8" stainless?

They are just like any other compression fitting, there is a brass ferrule that crushes when tightening and that forms your seal. I use tube nuts and sleeves with a flare but those are fine.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

They do hold up to a lot of PSI, we've used them on EFI systems. 10psi is nothing, and as Donny mentioned they're the same setup as most compression fittings which are also rated for high PSI. If it leaks, tighten it a bit and it'll usually conform well.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

They require 37 degree flaring not a standard 45 degree

I'm running the same setup on my car pm me If you have more questions

Be careful which hardline you use in aluminum, the Russell stuff is high pressure rated but a lot of the Summit,Jegs etc. brands are not.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com