You make me want one of these.

We build cooler motor homes than that converted Crowne or BlueBird

Name:  17426191_10209851891148712_5887815135081984125_n.jpg
Views: 1149
Size:  64.1 KB

Name:  13445355_10207495197712849_5783592943968329270_n.jpg
Views: 1151
Size:  123.6 KB

This one has a 17' JerDan roll back on it now. Sleeps 5 amd yes, that's a 500hp Cat 3406B.

Country Flag: United States

Quote Originally Posted by slofut View Post
      Oh God, what is the gray car? It's awesome!

That bus is straight up class too.
      That's a karmann Ghia too!! European only model -- Type 34 -- it is a type 3 VW similar to square backs and fastback VW with a pancake engine

Quote Originally Posted by Ghiaguy View Post
      That's a karmann Ghia too!! European only model -- Type 34 -- it is a type 3 VW similar to square backs and fastback VW with a pancake engine
      Wow, thanks. I have never seen one of those, it looks so italian! I've sworn off vw's but one of these could possibly change my mind.

Had plans to hit 2 different events today -- Donut Derelicts and the 'New' OC Cars and Coffee at the outlet malls in San Juan Capistrano -- Derelict's was from 6-9am and C&C was from 9 to 11 with about 45 minutes of a drive between the to (counting loading and unloading the Ghia from the trailer). So got up at 4am and met my buddy at 4:30 and headed to Huntington Beach ---

The Derelict's didn't disappoint, with over 300 cars there to check out ---

Then at about 8am everybody started heading out and we were guessing they were down south for the C&C -- -- We unloaded the Ghia about a block away and headed over to the event -- It was pretty hilly around there and I stalled the Ghia going up a steep incline at a stop sign.... ((dummy, I know... But that 4 puck disc is just not very forgiving when you're trying to slip it)) -- Anyway, the engine popped real hard when I was cranking it and blew one of the intake boots off,, and suddenly we were running on 2 cylinders and sounding like chit.... and I hadn't thrown any tools in the car, so we limped back to the trailer and put the car on it. then drove through event ... Didn't take any pictures, but there was some very NICE cars there and quite a few VW's -- There are tons of pictures of this event on the web and on you tube to see.....

Decided today was the day to head down to Woodland Hills for Supercar Sunday. Loaded up the Ghia on the trailer and set the alarm for 5am and drove the 92 miles down there for the event.... Unloaded the Ghia and drove to the event getting there at 7:30 and there was only about 50 cars there and I was pretty disappointed. Found a spot near a bunch a ricers and started checking out the rides in the lot.... Man, about 8 am the cars started coming in and by 8:30 there were over 500 cars spilling all around the nearby lots.... Every different type was there!!! a few air cools with a really patina-ed 58 low light ghia parking near me.... and suddenly at 9:30 it was over and everybody was leaving. That's when I found all the other cars parked at the outer lots that I hadn't even seen ...... Good time, long ways to go for such a short event though.....

The Ghia parked in the middle of the action.....

Damn -- -- It's been since January since I've been on here ... Some of you have missed me, Some of you haven't LOL

Well, Here's the short story.... Last October I turned 65 and I had been dragging my feet at retiring .... I had hooked with a good company and really was enjoying the type of jobs they were doing and the work I was getting to do. Well, on February 1st, the wife insisted that we list the house and try selling it again (last time things didn't go very good). I, in my infinite wisdom and thinking, thought that it would be the same stuff all over again. NOT, we had 4 full price offers the first weekend..... Damn, we're gonna have to move and do it in 21 days.....

Again didn't think this thing through very much.... We had been living in this house for over 27 years and you can guess all the stuff I had collected during that period of time. So, why worry, I'll go to work and let my wife pack it all up.... Can you guess where this is going LOL. Needless to say I gave my 2 weeks notice and all the while, every waking moment was spent packing and moving stuff into storage.... Did I mention we didn't have any place to go to yet???? Nope, not a clue where we were gonna end up....

So, on the very last weekend we were to own the house, I called hire-a-mover and had 3 guys move most of the big stuff from the house and into 3000 cubic feet of storage and some of the essentials into the motorhome... We moved to the local regional park (about a mile from the house) and then sat there trying to figure out what was next..... can you guys tell I wasn't really happy about moving out of the house???

Anyway, we decided to head towards Missouri where I had about a million relatives and we had been there a ton of times on vacation. Oh Chit, what about the Ghia, There was no more spaces left at the storage, and the wife told me I wasn't gonna spend $250 a month on space rental just to put that dumb car inside somewhere. ... .. ... So it got loaded onto the open car trailer and wrapped with 2 car covers, some blue traps and then bungee'd wrapped and hoping it would survive out in the open at a friends lot....

So, we put the Flex on a car dolly and packed up the MH and off the MO we went...... Holy Crap was it cold in March in Mo... and it wasn't really that cold by Mo standards 12 degrees (f) a few nights, 22 a lot of nights, and a healthy dose of snow on occassion... LOL ------- Please notice all the Marble size hail on the ground from an overnight storm -- IT WAS LOUD IN THE MOTORHOME!!!!

Anyway, we started looking for a house and of course what the wife was wanting and what I was wanting were in two different parking lots on opposite coasts of the continent LOL.... But after 2 months of full time looking at stuff in our price range, she decided on this house in Monett MO....

Not a bad little place 1700 sq ft upstairs and 900 sq ft in the finished basement.... really funky designed thing, but the wife wanted it so.. .. you know the story, Happy wife blah blah blah...

It did have this detached little 2 car garage where 1/2 of it was set up as a paint booth and a nice covered RV parking thing that was about 15' too short for my Motorhome,,, but....

The house is sitting on 5 (20200 sq meters) acres of land, of which 3.5 acres are of grass which needs mowing -- -- Damn... So I ended up buying a lawnmower that cost more than the first 5 cars I owned combined!!!! Damn nice lawnmower if you ask me, even has a cup holder if your worrying about that... OH yeah it did also have this other little building sitting on the property.....

Something about a 40' x 60' (223 sq meter) shop building that just brings tears to a man's eye!!!!!!!

Well, the place had some issues, so we bought it in "as-is" condition and took possession the first week in March and 2 days later were flying to Cali to get the Ghia, .. oh, and the rest of the stuff...

We hired the same movers to take all the stuff out of storage and put it into a 26' Penske rental truck -- about half way through this it became apparent that one truck was not going to be enough, so I got another one and filled that one up too... I then hooked the car trailer up to the 26 footer and we prepared for the second part of adventure.....

Man, there was a ton of things that happened on the trip back to Mo which would fill another blog. but I won't bore you with here. but we made it right before Memorial Day weekend, put the Ghia in the 40x60 and it sure looked awfull lonely in there with my multi million dollar mower, I need some more stuff don't you think????

Anyway, it's taken me 2 weeks to get around to unpacking all my office stuff and setting up my computer, so I could give you a update... Aren't you glad you had all this extra time to spend reading this LOL Love you guys!!!!

Now I just got to figure out what to do with a hot rod VW in the middle of .. .. .. Monett, MO. LOL

Now I just got to figure out what to do with a hot rod VW in the middle of .. .. .. Monett, MO. LOL
      45 MIN drive from Branson... Ripping some MO hilly roads sounds like a win to me lol

Congrats on retiring and the move. Must feel good now! Glad I got to meet you before you left. Now that you got some time on your hands, are we going to see more of the Ghia?
      1970 VW Bug - Just your average mid engine Bug
      Track toy - 06 Evo - E85 and lots of boost
      Newest track toy - 2021 Supra

Wow, very nice! I see a two post lift in your future!

Took the Ghia to a car show in Joplin MO Thursday night -- --

First car show I ever went to that a relative stock 2013 Camaro won best car …..

So I guess I shouldn't of been surprised when I won this …. But I was amused, very amused …... LOL

Make sure you get down to Eureka Springs AR for some great driving and their annual NW Arkansas VW meet/show/weekend.

My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Wraith --- When is that gonna happen???

Wraith --- When is that gonna happen???
      August 24-26 http://eurekaspringsvwshow.com/ If you make it there I may have to find my way up to check out the Ghia.
      My thoughts and ramblings while working on my motor driven menagerie http://mechanicdude.blogspot.com/

Took the long way around a cul-de-sac recently

https://youtu.be/Z59LrK6NY5U

Good story.

Thought I'd give you a warning that the end of the world is coming soon!!!!!!!

This Died in the wool Ford Dude bought a Chevy Truck today...……………………………………..

Thought I'd let that sink in a few moments..... It must be the end of time LOL..

I've been looking for a good/nice used 4x4 truck for a few months now and today the wife wanted to go to an estate sale down in West Branson.... So I took her, and lo and behold, here was this CHEVY truck for sale as part of the estate... It's a 2011, always garaged Z71 Silverado with,,, get this,,, 27K miles on it... The price was right so I kicked a few moths out of the wallet and bought it.... too many scratches on the bed, but I'll make do..... LOL

https://i.imgur.com/DXQtjd0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
      Make sure you get down to Eureka Springs AR for some great driving and their annual NW Arkansas VW meet/show/weekend.
      Bought my entry for Eureka Springs today -- The Wife and I will be there for Saturday's activities only... Driving down that morning

Went to the Eureka Springs AR VW Show on 8-25-18 -- What a Day!!!!

Yep, First thing Saturday Morning as I was trying to back The Ghia into a spot and a "lady" rolled up on me. The drivers door is creased in 2 spots, so I'm calling it FUBAR'd…. I think most of the show had heard about the accident by 9am and lots of people came by and checked out the damage and told me how it sucked ……. LOL

It just wasn't my day at show.. Later in the day, I was sitting in a directors style folding chair on the knoll at the top of the parking lot watching all the cars returning from the parade around town, when the ground started to collapse under the chair (had a lot of rain the day before) and I did a slow motion fall over backwards.... It was so slow I had time to think about reaching over and grabbing the guy's chair next to me.... But he was sitting in a similar chair and was in his 70's, and I thought, Oh Chit, I'll probably drag him over too.... So I just tucked everything in and let gravity take over and splatted onto the ground. But luckily it had rained and the grass and ground were soft(er) and the only injuries I received was some more brain damage and a wounding to my pride...…..

I did win a 2nd place trophy for something LOL ….

The Award:

The DAMAGE: Chit picture -- doesn't show where the paint is split in 2 places

Sorry to see the damage. Eureka Springs can be tough on cars even when nothing is going on.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com