Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LSX single turbo accessorie drive????

I'm planning a turbo LSX swap in my 68 firebird, 5.3l single turbo with truck manifolds.... I did some searching but not really finding the answers I'm looking for. Want to run alternator and power steering, no ac. What are you guys with similar set ups running on your cars? Any advantages in using one set up over another or obstacles in using something. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Pics would be awesome too. Thanks in advance!

Wegner motorsports has a kit for that, same with March Performance.

Wegner builds race engines, we've used their drives with AC on 1400hp turbo engines.. So we know they're good quality. Probably looking around $2100 without AC, comes with new water pump, PS pump, ATI balancer, etc. No pics without AC sorry..

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Thanks Schwartz performance for the reply. I'm sure the Warner kit is super nice but it costs more then vie got in my 5.3l, t56 and 8.8 rear Lola. I guess I should have mentioned that in looking for something for a budget build haha

Google
      ( CBR Alternator Relocation Kit ) They also have a power steering kit to.

'70 Camaro
      '75 Camaro
      '66 Chevelle 'vert

Jason

If you don't mind the looks, it's very common for guys to relocate the alternator to the top passenger side and then just run the non-egr truck manifolds forward and down. You might have a issue with the steering box however.

Turbo Charged LS1/T56

I have a Wegner kit on my 73 camaro with a 76 mm turbo. Very nice kit and super tight to the engine. You won't be disappointed.

73 Camaro
      Gene

What about the Holley bracket that basically uses the Corvette alternator and PS position but allows you to use a truck alternator and truck balancer spacing?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by LS1-IROC View Post
      If you don't mind the looks, it's very common for guys to relocate the alternator to the top passenger side and then just run the non-egr truck manifolds forward and down. You might have a issue with the steering box however.
      Think this is what I've been seeing done. Ill have to see what I can dig up on this. Thanks

im using the Ls6 bracket, and i t works perfect for me…

P.S. ignore the bad welding on the pipes… lol
      Attached Images Attached Images  

CBR alternator relocation bracket, dirty dingo PS bracket S10 PS pump, f body spaced pulleys, the PS pulley on the S10 pump works i just didnt use the little spacers that came with the PS bracket. clears my manifolds

Slownova73 I dig that set up. Thanks for the pics

No problem, I'll be straight with you though, either use an LS1 PS pump/ reservoir, as it will be closer to the head, the s10 pump works, and clears, but it is clocked at a different position that the LS pump. I'd be a lot happier using the s10 pump, if it had an LS resorvoir mounted to it, but I'm not payimy what people what for a plastic box.

Quote Originally Posted by slownova73 View Post
      No problem, I'll be straight with you though, either use an LS1 PS pump/ reservoir, as it will be closer to the head, the s10 pump works, and clears, but it is clocked at a different position that the LS pump. I'd be a lot happier using the s10 pump, if it had an LS resorvoir mounted to it, but I'm not payimy what people what for a plastic box.
      When you say ls1 ps pump, do you mean corvette or f body? Also what alternator do you use with the relocation kit? Thanks again and good luck with the build!

Quote Originally Posted by Death trap View Post
      When you say ls1 ps pump, do you mean corvette or f body? Also what alternator do you use with the relocation kit? Thanks again and good luck with the build!
      It's all f body stuff, f body alternator too, I'll eventually switch my PS pump to an f body pump just to gain more room, but in aspects of functionality, it works.

I use the Holley brackets with down and forward manifolds on most kits I build.
      Nathan Shaw
      71 Nova, 1000+whp 5.3, 8 second autoXer.

I used vette

Corvette c5 accessories pm me I can send detailed pics, having hard time uploading in hear
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I also used Vette accessories. But I had to use the cts-v alternator since I have up and forward headers. Next time I will build my own headers for more room. Works great with the vette stuff.

I did twins on a 69 camaro. All stock f-body accesories on a truck manifold kit I built. Kept stock lower alt location as well.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com