Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1965 Pro-Touring Pontiac GTO fresh build

Thinking about selling my 1965 Pontiac GTO which I've been building since 2004. It's completely fresh with about 160 miles on the whole build, hasn't even been to a show yet. I have an enormous pile of receipts and approximately $80k invested. Priorities are changing, I've got too many cars and it's time to downsize. I turned every bolt on this car and I know it inside and out. I’m sure I’m leaving out a lot, but here are the cliff notes:

1965 Pontiac Tempest Sedan fully cloned to a Royal Bobcat GTO. I have several real GTOs and wouldn't have done this to a true GTO. My own combo of restoration and resto mod.

New Mayfair Maize paint, 7.5/10. Very straight and nicely done, not perfect. I did not want to be afraid to drive it. All trim restored, new emblems and rechromed original bumpers, all weatherstripping and window felts are new. Very nice tailpanel and taillight grilles with NOS lenses. Xenon headlamps. Real GTO hood with factory scoop and a Ram Air scoop.

New black interior with mint 06 GTO seats, wired for power. Rear seat is included, as I hadn't gotten around to making that work yet. Recovered ’65 rear seat is currently installed. Real ’68 wood wheel (smaller than the ’65 so more room around the seats) with ’65 horn assembly. Rallye gauges, padded dash, restored gauge bezel, new dash harness, full dynamat, custom center console from a 3rd gen Camaro. Vintage AC and heat. Very nice custom stereo with Pioneer Premier headunit, kickpanel speakers, Phoenix Gold amps, and a single 12” sub. All of the stereo and vintage AC controls are in the console so glancing across the dash it looks original. AM radio and original climate controls are installed but non-functional.

Now for the best part - a completely built 421 tripower by Spotts Performance with all of the best parts. $18k+ in the engine alone. 9:1 motor so it's safe for pump gas and ready for a power adder. Forged crank, rods and .030 over 428 pistons for a total of 433ci, custom-ordered Comp roller cam, ported 6X heads, '65 tripower built by Mike Wasson with ram air pan, all ARP bolts. Complete polished March serpentine kit and conversion to more reliable 11-bolt waterpump. Rodney red radiator with ’66 style inlet/outlet for better cooling. RobbMC and Magnafuel fuel system with AN fittings, stainless lines and return. Canton road race oil pan. Custom M&H engine harness with HEI and a modern 12SI alternator, IMI ministarter. Ram air manifolds to a Pypes exhaust with electric cutouts and factory-style splitters. Sounds fantastic. All correct Ram air brake lines and battery cables.

Behind the 421 is a brand new Tremec TKO600 with a Keisler hydraulic clutch kit, McCleod SFI bellhousing and clutch and an Inland Empire custom aluminum driveshaft. Rear is a 10-bolt with new 3.90 gears and a safe-t-track. It’s also got 4-wheel Baer disc brakes with all new hardlines and braided flex lines, AGR power steering, and the suspension is completely rebuilt with Hotchkis springs and sway bars, Blistein shocks, SC&C UCAs, and BMR rear control arms and support braces. Has a great stance. Probably my favorite part of the car are the wheels and tires - wheels are custom Intro Vistas to mimic a classic Hurst wheel. 17” fronts and 18” rears with custom BFG redlines from Diamondback.

I'm not dead-set on selling it, I just wanted to post this up in the Marketplace to gauge interest and value. It does have a custom-fit California Car Cover and it was just detailed. I'll put up additional engine/interior pics from my home computer.
      Attached Images Attached Images            
      Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

That is a killer looking car. I love it. '65 is my favorite year too. I'm not really sure about price though. On one hand I could completely see someone wanting exactly what you have there with the modern Pontiac, 5 speed, all the goodies but with a vintage tri-power 421 Poncho built by a top notch shop. Its perfect IMO. The only thing that makes it a bit complicated is that it's not a true GTO. Some guys will care, others wont.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the feedback Nick. I'm thinking about asking $50k and see where it goes. I don't need to sell it so what's the worst that can happen.

Matt
      1965 Pontiac GTO – Spotts 421 Tripower | TKO600 | 3.90s | Vintage AC | Baers | Hotchkis/SPC/BMR Suspension | Intro Vistas | BFG KDW Redlines | 06 GTO Seats

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com