Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Agreed completely...the only reason the engine came up was I noticed some oil under the car the other day after taking it for a drive, and it looks to be from the rear main seal. So no matter what the engine will likely have to come out. That being said, Im starting to lean towards storing the factory engine/trans and finding a SBC and 5 speed to put back in.

I am watching Ride Tech's project, and have every intention of doing suspension/brakes/steering box in the near future, driving it all summer, and then messing with the engine and trans next winter since the leak hasn't gotten excessive and its running fine.

A 5 Speed upgrade is the FIRST AND BEST upgrade you can make to a Vintage Corvette from a driving standpoint.

After that you will see how insignificant an engine upgrade really can be in a vintage Corvette with a 5 speed transmission.

Suspension and Brakes?

That's a whole nother discussion and yes that's the next best place to SPEND MO MONEY!
      Mike

Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

www.musclecardeals.com

Before you pull the engine make sure the valve covers are not leaking. I can't tell you how many times I have found leaking valve covers dripping oil off the rear of the block.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      Before you pull the engine make sure the valve covers are not leaking. I can't tell you how many times I have found leaking valve covers dripping oil off the rear of the block.
      LOL...and the sender for the oil pressure gauge....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com