Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      So I wasn't happy with the fitment of some spots on the panel so I figured I'd just change a few things for the better. I got the passenger side finished up tonight and now I'm waiting on the new tail panel to show up. Also ordered a new rear valance so I won't be using the old beat up on, pretty sure it's seen better days. Thanks for all the positive support in the comments.
      Attached Images Attached Images                

Well it took a little while but I finally got the back half complete. What a lot of work it was but well worth it. I'm pretty happy with the way it all turned out also.

So I've been getting a few more things done, sub frame connectors are installed, sound deadening is done. Just need to install the trunk floor braces and clean everything up and it will be ready for the body shop.

Headed to the body shop finally.

Country Flag: Canada
      That has to feel good, congrats!

Thanks, it's pretty exciting.

So are you going to tell us what color they are spraying or going to make us wait

(sounds like you considered the lime green suggestion after the original thought of white/black)

I will tell. So I'm going with the dodge bright white, the same color as my truck with a satin hood and tail panel like this T/A but I'm not going to have a stripe down the side. Also painting bumpers and mirrors.

It'll be nice to have another pro-touring challenger out there!! (we already have the lime green spoken for ;) ) Below is a picture of the one my dad and I put together and beat the hell out of!!

440 Big Block w/ 727, Hotchkis suspension w/ torsion bars and leafs, 18" weld wheels, wilwood disc brakes

Name:  14079622_10209583750902220_3239310378764670001_n.jpg
Views: 1377
Size:  48.7 KB

That's a nice looking e body. I love the hotchkis, I have it on both of my challengers. My black one is a 440/4 speed. I'd like to upgrade to a 6 speed and add ac to my black one.

Any updates?

So it's been a long time since I'll posted any updates on this but I recently picked the car up from paint jail. All the guy got around to doing was some body work and primer. Yet another case of bad paint guys. Since it's been down so long I have picked up a 5.7 hemi from a 07 ram. I got the whole truck so I should have plenty of parts to use for the swap. Hate to not use the big block but at 6 MPG where am I going to drive to other than a gas station.

Well I did some sand blasting today. Didn't finish but just another step closer to putting some paint down.

Looking good. Crazy to hear another story about a body guy not getting stuff done. Ugh. Also, can I request you take the parenthesis out of your title? It'll make clicking the link easier when the email shows up about an update. Use quotes " or something instead of ()

Another update, finally finished the sand blasting and primed everything. Also welded up a lot of holes. Haven't decided if i want to paint the wheel wells and under the hood myself or if i should just hold off and let the new not yet picked paint shop just take care of all that. I am glad to finally get rid of the lime green primer though.

brawls43, so I figured it was time to give this build a name. "White Whale" is not the name of the car just a better name for the build then "haven't came up with a cool name yet"

Thanks, good temporary name. What color to do you plan on doing? I think depending on the color, I'd just spray the engine bay myself. Makes it easier to make more progress. That said, I do hate painting. Love these Challengers.

My plan from the very beginning has been dodge bright white with a matte hood and tail panel but I have been thinking about painting under the hood black because it will hide a lot more of the wiring then white would. So I have been trying to decide if I want to go ahead and paint that, the inner front wheel wells, and the area on the doors so I can put everything back together body wise and have them just paint with outside but the more I think about it it's not like it will be hard for a paint shop to take care of that stuff because it's just a body.

Here's a few shots of the donor that's giving its life for a better cause. Going to try to use everything I can. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share.

Well have I haven’t posted anything in a long time but figured might as well close out 2017 with a few updates. If everything goes good there should be many more updates to follow. Hope everyone had a great 2017 and a even better 2018.

A few new pictures of a few things getting done. Still have loads more to do.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com