Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

flashers work but no signals

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with my turn signal issues. I can turn my hazards on and all the lights blink. I also have to keep the front left blinker unplugged because it will not turn off. When I turn my left blinkers on, the back and front work but the front never goes off. The right side wont do anything. Also if I play around with by hazard switch I can make my front right blinker work for a few seconds. Im thinking about just buying a new dash harness and turn signal switch if I cant get figured out. thanks for any help
      68 Camaro. 68 chevelle for sale. 77 bronco for sale

Make sure your connections are clean. Also try another flasher relay and check at your switch for worn contacts.

Flashers and blinkers have two different flash modules. The flash unit under the dash at the fuse block is for the turn signal, the flash unit under the dash near the glove box is the emergency flasher
      Rick - 1969 Camaro - LS1 driven daily

ok thanks for the replys. I found the other flasher and put a new one in both. It didn't help. I went around and cleaned up all the grounds I could find, put new fuses in everything, and cleaned all conections with sand paper. Ill get into the column and check out the turn signal switch this weekend. I kinda have a feeling that's what it could be. Does the hazards have its own switch in the colum, or is it part of the turn signal switch because I can play with it and makes the blinkers do different things?

In my experience blinker problems are usually related to grounding problems. Make sure your sockets are grounded well. Try adding a ground strap from the housing to the trunk brace.

Sounds like your turn signal/hazard switch is going wonky. I take from your sig its for a 68 Camaro? If so here is NAPA part number, ECH DL6187 I think its around $65.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

ok, thanks, its a 68 chevelle. Ill try the to ground the sockets. I have the column apart and it is pretty nasty on the turn signal switch. I cleaned it up as much as I could but still nothing. Im going to double check grounds and if that don't work im going to order the turn signal switch. Ill let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by justincat View Post
      ok, thanks, its a 68 chevelle.
      That tidbit of information should have been stated in your first post.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

yea sorry. Good news is, I found what it was. I took the steering wheel off and got to the switch. When ever I press my hazards in there is a little black piece of plastic that gets stuck to the left. I can manually push the piece of plastic back to the right and everything works fine, the only problem is, if I don't fix it when ever someone uses the hazards, I will have to take the steering wheel off again to push the little plastic piece back. lol. I guess ill just put a wedge in there for now were you cant hit the hazards, and order a switch. thanks everyone for helping me find the problem!

Sounds like a bad ts switch.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com