Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 Camaro - LS2, 6speed

Price: $59,000

Up for sale is my 1968 Camaro. It’s a fresh build with 750miles on it as of today. Other than the engine and transmission, everything else was new when the car was built. Here are some highlights on the car, feel free to pm me or call/text for more info on the car (256-2eight2-five004). I have posted more detailed pictures of the car on photobucket, see link below.

http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/ad...20Cyber%20Gray

Body: Car was painted in Feb-2013. Paint is GM Cyber Gray Metallic, painted with Dupont Chormabase product. Prior to paint car had both quarters, tail panel, door shells, both fenders, trunk pan, partial floor, and hood replaced. As you can see most of the exterior metal on the car was replaced. Car still has the original VIN tag on the dash and body tag on the firewall.
      · All new glass in car, new window regulators and door hardware as well
      · Global West subframe connectors
      · HID headlights , LED taillights, and LED side marker lights
      · New wiring harness throughout car, factory style harness and fuse block

Suspension:
      · DSE upper and lower control arms, QA1 Front Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bar
      · Global West 600 series steering gearbox, quick ratio
      · CPP C5 style spindles with C5 bearing packs
      · C5 Front calipers on 13” drilled/slotted rotors
      · Rear is ridetech 4-link with ridetech non-adjustable coilovers
      · Rear brakes are 11” rotors with GM metric calipers w/ integrated parking brake
      · Vintage Wheel Works wheels, 17x8 Front and 17x9.5 Rear. Nitto 555 tires with 245 on front and 255 on rear.

Drivetrain:
      · 2006 Corvette LS2 engine with 42k miles. Has an FAST 102 intake and unknown cam swap done prior to me buying. I tore the engine down to the shortblock for inspection prior to installing it. I put a new harmonic balancer, ARP balancer bolt, GM head gaskets, and ARP head bolts on the engine. Also replaced the stock oil pan for an AutoKraft oil pan for clearance
      · Dynatech LSX headers with 2.5” PYPES stainless X-pipe and Stainless Dynamax mufflers
      · PSI conversion harness, ECM reflash with HP tuners
      · 2012 Camaro TR6060 6 speed transmission, Mcleod custom shifter, and DSS 3.5 aluminum CV joint driveshaft
      · Ford 9” rearend housing from Quick Performance, 31 spline axles, Currie Nodular 3rd member with 3.50 gears and trac loc posi unit.
      · Fuel system is a Tanks Inc tank with internal sump and Walbaro 255 in-tank pump.

Interior:
      · Autometer Carbon Fiber series electric gauges: Fuel, Speedo, Tach, Voltage, Oil Pressure, Water Temp
      · Vintage Air Gen IV Heat/AC System and Vintage Air 3 Knob billet controller
      · Front seats are Corbeau Sport Seats in Black Leather, Rear seats are GTO rear leather seats modified to fit.
      · Morris 3pt seat belt conversion.
      · Deluxe Door Panels Front and Back
      · 2012 Camaro Center Console
      · Pioneer Head Unit with Bluetooth and handsfree, Pioneer 6x9 speakers mounted in rear deck and Pioneer 4” speakers mounted in kick panel.
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Very nice, glws

69 Camaro L76/6L80E swap

Back to the top.

Not sure if this is an active ad anymore; if so, just wondering what it would take to get this car to what I'm looking for. First off, really nice car, thanks for the link to the extra pics. It's fairly close to what I was ideally looking for. Since you seem to have built it from basically scratch, what are your thoughts on what it would take to add the following: 1.) Rear 3 point seat belts (only way my wife will let my sons ride in car, and I'm trying to teach them the important things in life that they can't get from Doc Macstuffins). 2.) 68 RS/SS front clip. I love the '68 body style more than the '69, but I really want the covered headlight look of the RS/SS style. Ideas?
      Tks!
      Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by restomod79 View Post
      Not sure if this is an active ad anymore; if so, just wondering what it would take to get this car to what I'm looking for. First off, really nice car, thanks for the link to the extra pics. It's fairly close to what I was ideally looking for. Since you seem to have built it from basically scratch, what are your thoughts on what it would take to add the following: 1.) Rear 3 point seat belts (only way my wife will let my sons ride in car, and I'm trying to teach them the important things in life that they can't get from Doc Macstuffins). 2.) 68 RS/SS front clip. I love the '68 body style more than the '69, but I really want the covered headlight look of the RS/SS style. Ideas?
      Tks!
      Kevin

I think the seatbelt inquiry is answered in the ad:
      · Morris 3pt seat belt conversion

This is a really nice build and maybe reasonably priced for what it is, I just wish I had the coins to buy.

Kevin,

Yes the ad is still active, car is still up for sale. It does have the morris 3pt seat conversion up front, but as you noticed it just has the standard lap belts for the rear seats. To upgrade the rear to 3pt belts, I would just use the morris concepts rear seat belt conversion. It would be an easy conversion.
      http://www.morrisclassicconcepts.com/camaro67-69.html

For the RS look on the front, you good do a RS grille and headlight conversion. You would also have to install a RS lower valance so you will have turn signals. Also the anvil 67-68 lower valance w/ 69 style driving lights would be a cool option as well.

If you have any questions, feel free to give me a call or a pm.

pm sent

Car is sold!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com