Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

American sniper......

Hey everyone I just went and watched this awesome movie and I just want to say THANK YOU to all of our Service Men and Women.....What an incredible job you have done and continue doing. I can't even imagine how you can come home and try to function as a Normal person.
      THANK YOU!

The wife and I saw it Friday. Excellent movie.

Amen To what you said. I haven't seen it yet, but My dad did last weekend and said I was awesome. I'm not sure, but I think the last movie he went to see in the theatre was Gone With The Wind or something!! LoL! Said he was buying a coke and some popcorn and put $5 on the counter and thought he would get change!! LoL!
      I'm anxious to see the movie.
      Jimmy

69 Camaro Twin Turbo'd
      58 Nomad 348 Baby Rat

http://www.fquick.com/shmoov69

Wife & I saw it Friday. It was a great movie. Very powerful. No BS. I feel every patriotic American will want to see it ... and should. But EVERY American needs to see it.

I live in a great town (Folsom, CA) that has a strong conservative, family, law abiding, patriotic culture. For Pete's sake, our town's biggest event is a Rodeo ... on July 4th ... put on by the Chamber of Commerce, where they have a cattle drive down the center of town. LOL. So I was not surprised when everyone in the full theater at American Sniper sat quietly in respect when the movie was over, then applauded at the end of the credits. What is surprising ... in a good way ... is I read online reviews that said the same thing happened in theaters all over the country. Maybe there is a strong population of patriotic Americans still out there ... regardless of what we see on the news.

Country Flag: Canada
      Image fan of Bradley cooper and Clint Eastwood and, I want to see it. Can someone tell me does the movie contain the lies that he made up? All I've heard is how in his book he made stuff up the car jacking,hurricane Katrina stuff etc
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Brought a tear to my eye.

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Image fan of Bradley cooper and Clint Eastwood and, I want to see it. Can someone tell me does the movie contain the lies that he made up? All I've heard is how in his book he made stuff up the car jacking,hurricane Katrina stuff etc
      The Answer is yes, there are Lies. Then there is the Jesse Ventura dispute

Great movie!

Quote Originally Posted by raustinss View Post
      Here we go!
      Maybe educate yourself by reading the book, then see the movie and decide for yourself, instead of relying on what everyone else has to say. Or do people not do that any more?

Here is my take on it.... for what it's worth. After seeing it I posted this on FB

American Sniper: I recently read the book and then saw the movie. Chris Kyle deserves every bit of recognition that he's received for what he and his family sacrificed for our country. The fact that he and other service men and women are being spotlighted for what they've done for our country as a result of the popularity of the movie is a great thing - I sincerely thank every one of them.
      Now for the movie.... I was disappointed in the movie. Although the basic jist of the story was the same as the book, they dramatized certain things that simply weren't as they were described in the book. ***Spoiler Alert*** The opening scene from the movie, not as Chris described in his book. The enemy sniper was completely over-dramatized (or Hollywood-ized). It was literally a brief mention in the book and they never went head to head. I personally think the real story as Chris told it in the book was more impressive than the way it was depicted in the movie.
      I'm frustrated that they couldn't just tell a summarized version of the book and stay as true to it as they could be. I'm also frustrated that Hollywood is essentially rewriting history with these movies. The majority of Americans will not read/investigate the actual events and will only see the movie. In this case, at least the message was the same Chris Kyle = Hero. In some other cases, ie: Argo, Lincoln - things were depicted incorrectly.....essentially rewriting history for a large portion of the population.
      By all means, see the movie if you want, but I would much prefer that more of us read the book.
      Brandon Wiedeman
      1972 Suburban
      1967 Chevy II - Project not yet started

I have about 3 lifetimes worth of projects planned out in my head!
      Wiedo's

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com