Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Led park/turn wiring questions?

I am doing some wiring on my headlights, park, turn and fog lamps. I have a set of oracle 7inch halo headlights with h4 bulbs. The halos have 2 wires + and -. I want them to come on like drl. Just like new cars, I have 2 fog lamps out of a newer gmc truck. I then ordered a dual color halo that goes inside the fog lamp. It is white and amber and has 3 wires a + and 2 - wires. The lights are triggered off ground wires. One ground is white the other amber.
      So here is what I am trying to do,
      Key on have halo in headlight that is white come on.
      White halo in fog lamp on.
      Turn on lights and have h4 bulb on and 2 halos headlight and fog light halo.
      Turn on turn signal and would either like to have white light go out and amber flash for turn signal or possible alternate white/amber, white/amber.
      The 3 wire deal screws me up a little. I thought it would be ground and 2 hot wires one for turn (amber) and one for drl (white).
      I wired a relay into trigger a ground for the white lamp yesterday, Just not sure how to trigger the amber throught a electronic flasher and cancel the white when amber is on.
      My only other idea would be to scratch plan A and order a single amber led halo for the fog lamp and just have the single halo in the headlight. Then still run a fog lamp triggered of it's own switch.
      Hope all this makes sense,
      Thanks for the help guys!

Country Flag: United States
      Sounds like you're attempting something similar to my setup...

See if this helps...

http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=44534

1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com