Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Who is using a Milwaukee hand held band saw? Need help!

OK my Christmas present to myself was a hand held saw and a table it mounts to. I needed it tonight to make a bracket so I got the saw #6232-20 out and a new blade. Looks pretty self explanitory but I can't get the blade on. Even tried two other blades and nothing. There is not enough tension with the handle moved to the tightened position. It pops right off. My saw has no rubber tires like a full size saw would. Is that the problem I am missing parts to the wheels in my saw or did I get two boxes with mis-made blades from Home Depot? The wheels on mine are just raw aluminum with little teeth cast as part of the wheel.

Help I'm pulling my hair out!

OK figured it out. My new saw was missing the tires. I assumed it was something like that. Picking some up at lunch today.

Glad you got it figured out. Mine has the rubber rings. Kind of surprising that it came without them.

Just a little tip for when you need to get replacement blades- I prefer the blades made by starrett. And they are cheaper on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Evldoer View Post
      Glad you got it figured out. Mine has the rubber rings. Kind of surprising that it came without them.

Just a little tip for when you need to get replacement blades- I prefer the blades made by starrett. And they are cheaper on eBay.
      Thanks for the tip on the blades. Yea the rubber rings (tires) were missing. I bought it off ebay as a new open box but at a very deep discount so the extra $8 I spend on the rubber rings I am still way ahead.

Country Flag: United States
      i have had that saw and swag table for 2 years. Best tool I have in the shop.
      86 Mustang
      454 LS3 Mast 4500 intake FTI cam Holley EFI Drag radials and pump gas 9.24 143.73

79 Z28 Bonspeed GT-B DSE front and rear Z51 Brakes 5.3 Holley EFI Vintage Air

Quote Originally Posted by gray86hach View Post
      i have had that saw and swag table for 2 years. Best tool I have in the shop.
      Used the set up for the first time tonight. I freakin love it and it is my new favorite tool.

I'm a big fan of the Swag table. See thread below. Of course I had to modify mine.

One recommendation, buy some extra belts to keep on hand. I use mine all the time and the rubber tends to crack nd break down. The blade runs much smoother with a nice fresh belt.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...rtical-bandsaw!
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Quote Originally Posted by daredvl22 View Post
      I'm a big fan of the Swag table. See thread below. Of course I had to modify mine.

One recommendation, buy some extra belts to keep on hand. I use mine all the time and the rubber tends to crack nd break down. The blade runs much smoother with a nice fresh belt.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...rtical-bandsaw!
      Re the linked thread- - HUH? How to you keep it in place?- I am not seeing locks on all four wheels (or any). Plus with four wheels, doesn't it rock corner to corner anywhere you bring it?

Quote Originally Posted by iadr View Post
      Re the linked thread- - HUH? How to you keep it in place?- I am not seeing locks on all four wheels (or any). Plus with four wheels, doesn't it rock corner to corner anywhere you bring it?
      I see two levelers at the rear to lift it off the rear wheels when you are using it....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Who is using a Milwaukee hand held band saw? Need help!

Yep, 2 levelers in the rear. Once they're set, doesn't rock or move at all.
      Dave

1972 Nova
      1967 RS/SS Camaro - current project

Nice! I have a DeWalt hand saw and my Swag table is in the box out in the garage just waiting for the weather to get warmer.

Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Get a foot switch from Harbor Freight. http://www.harborfreight.com/power-m...tch-96618.html You'll be in love.
      Eric Evans

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com