Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Vintage air heater hose routing?

I installed my vintage air system on my 69 camaro and ran the hoses through fresh air hole. Then drilled four holes in the firewall. I am now thinking about installing a bulkhead and changing from crimp style hose ends to ez clips.. I saw a post that I can't find that had an fittings to the heater core. They had brass adapters I believe 37 degree in the ends of the heater core so the an fittings would seal. Can someone tell me where to get the fittings that go in the heater core ends?
      What ac hose did you use for the ez clips, I see there is a hose that is more flexible that the stuff that comes with the stock vintage air kit. I was trying to eliminate having a bulkhead for the smooth firewall look but realize what a pain it will be to service if I don't put in the bulkhead.
      Live and learn I guess.
      Thanks Travis

Travis, check out this thread, I think it is the one that you're talking about:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ngs?highlight=
      Steve

Steve, Thanks I saw this post about a week ago and couldn't find it again for the life of me,,Did you do yours this way?

Yeah, I contributed to the thread. Can't vouch for how it works since the car is not running yet. While it is nice that the evaporator can go in and out as a module, I'm not sure that having a bulkhead and 8 connections (four on the front, four on the back) in the passenger footwell is that great of a solution. Once I wrap the sticky black tar substance over the A/C lines so that they don't drip condensate into the car, I am sure that the first time that my wife bumps her shoes against it and ruins a pair, I'm going to be scrambling for a different or better solution....
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjaroslo View Post
      Yeah, I contributed to the thread. Can't vouch for how it works since the car is not running yet. While it is nice that the evaporator can go in and out as a module, I'm not sure that having a bulkhead and 8 connections (four on the front, four on the back) in the passenger footwell is that great of a solution. Once I wrap the sticky black tar substance over the A/C lines so that they don't drip condensate into the car, I am sure that the first time that my wife bumps her shoes against it and ruins a pair, I'm going to be scrambling for a different or better solution....
      Just have her wear black shoes when she rides with you!

We have a new product at II Much that doesn't use bulkhead fittings and routes all the hoses through a 2.5" hole.

II Much Airport AC Bulkhead System

Name:  CRW_3048.jpg
Views: 4327
Size:  662.7 KB
      Last edited by JohnUlaszek; 04-22-2015 at 06:52 PM.

Would like to know more about your bulkhead system but I could not find it on you web site. The link does not work for the system
      Thanks Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by vstol View Post
      Would like to know more about your bulkhead system but I could not find it on you web site. The link does not work for the system
      Thanks Kevin
      Vintage Air has them in stock. It's a really nice piece.

http://www.vintageair.com/Instructions2013/388902.pdf

Ryan Zwicker
      Vintage Air, Inc.
      KUL FIR CHICK N: COOL FIRECHICKEN
      '68 Firebird, LS7, 6spd, DSE all around.

Country Flag: Canada
      I used the brass fittings in my build, I haven't used them for a/c but I have used them for the water hoses and no leaks so far.

Kevin,
      Sorry about not catching your comments. There have been some changes on the IIMuch site. Here's a good link to the product http://www.iimuch.com/collections/ac...ts/ac-bulkhead

You can buy directly from Vintage Air or II Much its the same product.

Thanks for the assist Kevin.

thanks

Vintage air heater hose routing?

I got a 69 camaro Also with v air-no bulkhead- drilled 4 holes on far top pass corner and run hide right thru-and under fender so not visible til compressor

I know this is an old thread. Does anyone know if the o ring to flare adapters worked for the heater hoses ?? Thx

Quote Originally Posted by DT69Cam View Post
      I know this is an old thread. Does anyone know if the o ring to flare adapters worked for the heater hoses ?? Thx
      I've had no leaks with mine, car has been running for quite a while now. I am planning to remove the A/C unit from under the dash and retrofit it with the servo motor heater valve, so I'll know more if there were any hidden leaks then but no evidence whatsover at the moment.
      Steve

Quote Originally Posted by sjaroslo View Post
      I've had no leaks with mine, car has been running for quite a while now. I am planning to remove the A/C unit from under the dash and retrofit it with the servo motor heater valve, so I'll know more if there were any hidden leaks then but no evidence whatsover at the moment.
      Thank you very much for the reply!!

Steve, did the heater hoses fit above the VA unit and under dash ??? I'm having a hell of a time making this work. Did you lower the VA unit at all by chance ?? My heater hoses are extremely snug up against the dash. Thx.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com