• Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      The car looks gorgeous! Nice job.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Well.....new motor is in....plates are one...ive got probally 150 miles on it so far and the car is a total ANIMAL! It is everything I envisioned. Handles like it's on rails and is beyond stupid fast! Right now I I have boost turned down to 9psi and gonna venture to say it's putting down 600-650rwhp as is . Stay tuned for more pics

awesome build. Smooth firewalls set cars apart to me...well that and a nice chassis. Sucks about your old motor, but glad you're back in it. 600rwhp....geesh I have a long way to go.

Few more pics from a local car sbow9.

Hey man the car looks awesome. I am kind of just starting my 70 nova. I finished the tub and still on the body work. The 4 link suspension that i am looking at getting is the exact one that you are running. With the 315/30s how low can you adjust the coil overs with out the tires rubbing? Id like to get mine a little bit more up in the wheel wells. Im not going to be running the power that you are so if i lack on performance a little its ok. I'm just building a cruiser. any advice is welcome. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B3LLO View Post
      Hey man the car looks awesome. I am kind of just starting my 70 nova. I finished the tub and still on the body work. The 4 link suspension that i am looking at getting is the exact one that you are running. With the 315/30s how low can you adjust the coil overs with out the tires rubbing? Id like to get mine a little bit more up in the wheel wells. Im not going to be running the power that you are so if i lack on performance a little its ok. I'm just building a cruiser. any advice is welcome. Thanks
      Sorry for the late reply....i could easily get the car another1-1.5"lower. More if you went with a softer spring.....i personally like the look of the tire being cut in half/ by the wheel well or so to speak...
      I am totally happy with the suspension it handles better than i dare puah the car and hooks way better than i thought it would considering the hp its putting down.

damn you photo bucket for ruining another thread

ya photo bucket sux.... and I haven't found any thing to replace it that works with mobile phones. any way got some up dates.
      I put about 1000 miles on the nova last year after I got it back together....it was flawless . Makes stupid power and was very r elieable, I even did a 400 mile round trip with it on a 90° day and she performed perfect.
      so true to being pro tour ( which to me means a car that , can be street driven, long distance, take corners and drag race all in one) I up and decided it was time for a roll cage. I purchased a Chris aliston. chassis works 8pt 8.50 nhra legal cage , also got the optional swing out/removable door bars for normal not at track use. goal this year is to drive it to drags run 9.99 and drive home ( both local tracks are 1.5 hrs away)pp

Attached Images Attached Images  

cage...almost done...

all done with window net, it comes out with side bars, as of now all I have left to do is Install fro t and rear seats and carpet. but.. I'm waiting for a nhra chassis inspector to come certify cage....

I also decided to upgrade the rear end, switching from a strange 31 spine trutrac setup to a yukon 35 spline wavetrac setup with new moser axles. according to quick performance this is the strongest setup available with out going Into a spool
      the difference between the old and new is huge ...the yukon is one serious over built piece

I use Flickr app on my phone with the Flickr2BBlite app. The Flickr2BBlite creates the BB code you need to post.
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

Quote Originally Posted by FormTA View Post
      I use Flickr app on my phone with the Flickr2BBlite app. The Flickr2BBlite creates the BB code you need to post.
      I tried Flickr didn't work, but I didn't try 2bblite app I'll give it a shot....thx.
      one of these days I will try to redo this thread that photobucket messed up.

The bblite app works in conjunction with the Flickr app. Been working for me so far.
      1951 Ford F1, 1967 RS Camaro, 1979 Firebird Formula, 1979 Trans Am/LS swap.

I for one would love to see all the pics associated with this build, the interior with the cage looks super clean.

Quote Originally Posted by FormTA View Post
      The bblite app works in conjunction with the Flickr app. Been working for me so far.
      no luck.....when I click on share to flickrbb2 the bb page comes up but that's it. it doesn't send over the bb code.....uhg

got my Holley digital LCD in, pretty neat. I was gonna buy a wide band gauge ....but this does that and so much more

made some more progress , got the rug fitted and cut around cage(pia)
      and seats all back in.....

back seat....

front seats....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com