Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Front Accesory Drive SBC whats good?

I am helping a friend install a 427 blueprint sbc in a 39 Chevrolet, he is wanting to upgrade the vbelt front drive setup to serpentine. I would imagine march or vintage air with new ac compressor, ps pump, and alternator. I am just curious what some of the members have used? What is good as far a quality and customer service?
      Thanks in advance

Front Accesory Drive SBC whats good?

Billet specialties and Vintage Air are the best for SBC in my opinion. March is cheaper but usually do not come with a belt which can be a pain to figure out and is an extra expense.. But they're the least expensive.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

GM performance parts also sells some serpentine kits that will work on a SBC. They are not pretty, but maybe they can be modified to look a little nicer. They should last just fine and sell for about $700 or so

The March serpentine drive systems are nice kits for a reasonable price. I recently saw a TV interview with the president of March Performance. In that interview he indicated that March manufactures the front runner kits for VA.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Thanks for the replys, My buddy ordered a va front runner, It fit great. That is interesting to know the March manufactures there stuff. It was installed on a small block in a 39 chevy. We had to order a low profile dual fan kit for it. Only have a bout 1/2 inch clearance, little on the snug side.

serpentine kit

I don't think the GM serpentine setups look bad. I don't want to have to worry about replacing aftermarket components 10-15 years from now lol
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

We put a RAB Performance kit on our car, it looks nice and fits well
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com