Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Thanks for posting the information Andrew. I'm looking for more technical information to mate components and check depths for building components for swaps. From my conversation with a few folks, this transmission is patterned after the TKO series for retrofitting. It's compact, seems strong enough (read more than I will ever need) and has some very nice design features that should make it a contender in the overdrive market place.

Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

'73 Dodge Challenger

Country Flag: United States
      My LGT-700 is on order from Jody's Transmissions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue73 View Post
      Thanks for posting the information Andrew. I'm looking for more technical information to mate components and check depths for building components for swaps. From my conversation with a few folks, this transmission is patterned after the TKO series for retrofitting. It's compact, seems strong enough (read more than I will ever need) and has some very nice design features that should make it a contender in the overdrive market place.
      Tony,

I do believe that Legend offers this trans as a direct fit into Mopars in place of the stock XYZ (forgive me, I don't know Mopar transmission codes...883?) Mopar trans. The same is true for Fords as a replacement for a top loader. The trans mounting face has all Big Three bolt patterns on it and the input shafts are unique.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Tony,

I do believe that Legend offers this trans as a direct fit into Mopars in place of the stock XYZ (forgive me, I don't know Mopar transmission codes...883?) Mopar trans. The same is true for Fords as a replacement for a top loader. The trans mounting face has all Big Three bolt patterns on it and the input shafts are unique.

Andrew
      New Process A-833.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...in-Plano-Texas

Quote Originally Posted by jtwoods4 View Post
      My LGT-700 is on order from Jody's Transmissions.
      Did you get it with the 0.80 OD? What's the expected lead time now?

I think the LGT-700 might be a great candidate to replace my G-Force T5. Need a bit more HP/TQ capacity with the new motor and I'm getting tired of the dog ring syncros too.
      Thanks, Mike
      82 Mustang GT road racer
      PT Garage https://www.pro-touring.com/dto_show...preview&g=1102

I decided to use a 4:10 rear gear so gears 1 through 4 will be used for road racing and gear 5 will be solely for over drive on the highway so I chose to go with the 69 5th gear ratio. lead time is a few months

Hello All......I can answer your Legend700 transmission questions.

Quarterbooty, sadly you should have had the S04 model for the '70-'72 Monte. Your shifter setup is like a '68-'72 Chevelle with the stick located at 17.5" rearward without the 2.5" left offset.

I will try to get the Legend700 spec sheets loaded in this thread, I have them on .pdf.

The Legend700 transmission mount pad is 3.5" rearward and raised 1" upward compared to a Muncie 4 speed. Hardtop full frame cars can utilize the Muncie/TH350 crossmember by moving it 3.5" rearward and installing a shim between the transmission mount and crossmember.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      Most 4, 5, and 6 Speed Repairs, Parts, Service & Custom Installations
      610-413-8015
      Jody's Transmissions on Facebook

when is the road race version 0.80 ratio comming out to play..

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage David View Post
      when is the road race version 0.80 ratio comming out to play..
      After the 1st quarter for April 2015.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Ok cool wat is the max strenght of the roadrace 0.80 trans!..Is 700hp + 700lbs resirved ore max!!.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage David View Post
      Ok cool wat is the max strenght of the roadrace 0.80 trans!..Is 700hp + 700lbs resirved ore max!!.
      The Legend700 was put through the paces on a real transmission dynometer set to 700ftlb. The Legend700 gears showed no signs of fatigue after the complete teardown evaluation.

So yes, the 700ftlb rating is a conservative number for the Legend700 5 speed.
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

Two things I learned in this thread is that this is a great trans for GM owners to get a 5 speed with the possibility of NOT having to cut their floor. I have been keeping an eye on a 5-speed trans under development as a direct replacement for the Mopar A-833, the A-855 .
      Passon Performance has the A-855 loaded with 1st- 2.64:1 2nd- 1.92:1 3rd- 1.40:1 4th- 1:1 5th- .70:1
      Compare that to the LGT-700 Close Ratio with 1st- 2.66:1 2nd- 1.78:1 3rd- 1.30:1 4th- 1:1 5th- .69:1 OR .80:1

Either of these transmission can be used in just about all of the same vehicles. The Passon A-855 hasn't been promoted to any other segment other than the Mopar crowd, to my knowlwdge. I do know, however the the original A-833 has, for years, been adapted into GM vehicles so the A-855 should be able to receive the same re-fit.
      It's just another option and the ratio's don't seem very far apart from the LGT (or should I say "close enough together") so the two transmissions could be considered by the discerning shopper. With the differences in tire diameter, ring gear differences, and market availability for the required parts to make an Mopar 833 fit behind a Chevy it might be a viable option. I ran across several complete GM/A-833 conversions (used) on C-list complete with bellhousings and shifters when I was looking for 4 speeds. Wilcap in Pismo Beach, CA came up after a quick google search for "GM A-833" for an adapter. Not saying A-855 is superior to LGT or anything of the sort, just another option and the Passon gears may be better suited to some non-Mopar vehicles.

Oh, the other thing I learned is that this is Andrew B.'s sand box and it seems like he wants everyone to know it. LOL.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
      Two things I learned in this thread is that this is a great trans for GM owners to get a 5 speed with the possibility of NOT having to cut their floor. I have been keeping an eye on a 5-speed trans under development as a direct replacement for the Mopar A-833, the A-855 .
      Passon Performance has the A-855 loaded with 1st- 2.64:1 2nd- 1.92:1 3rd- 1.40:1 4th- 1:1 5th- .70:1
      Compare that to the LGT-700 Close Ratio with 1st- 2.66:1 2nd- 1.78:1 3rd- 1.30:1 4th- 1:1 5th- .69:1 OR .80:1

Either of these transmission can be used in just about all of the same vehicles. The Passon A-855 hasn't been promoted to any other segment other than the Mopar crowd, to my knowlwdge. I do know, however the the original A-833 has, for years, been adapted into GM vehicles so the A-855 should be able to receive the same re-fit.
      It's just another option and the ratio's don't seem very far apart from the LGT (or should I say "close enough together") so the two transmissions could be considered by the discerning shopper. With the differences in tire diameter, ring gear differences, and market availability for the required parts to make an Mopar 833 fit behind a Chevy it might be a viable option. I ran across several complete GM/A-833 conversions (used) on C-list complete with bellhousings and shifters when I was looking for 4 speeds. Wilcap in Pismo Beach, CA came up after a quick google search for "GM A-833" for an adapter. Not saying A-855 is superior to LGT or anything of the sort, just another option and the Passon gears may be better suited to some non-Mopar vehicles.

Oh, the other thing I learned is that this is Andrew B.'s sand box and it seems like he wants everyone to know it. LOL.
      Did you know there is a Legend700 Mopar model as a direct replacement for the A833?
      Jody Haag
      [email protected]
      610-413-8015

No I didn't. The folks over at Moparts.com should know that. I am not in the market as I already went down the road of cutting on my floor to fit the Shaffty Keisler kit. I spent even more money getting cryo treatment and other mods before I installed it. I've made a decision, for posterity's sake, to continue on with the best transmission I can get vs. the best transmission I can get to fit in my stock trans tunnel. It's already cut up so I'm going further down the rabbit hole. The future will have a T56 Magnum for ol' Daddy Rabbit.
      Johnny C.
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      70 'cuda, Pro-Charged 408 stroker, Tremec 5 speed, Strange S-60, Alter-k-tion, Tri 4, Hydroboost and Wilwoods

Two things I learned in this thread is that this is a great trans for GM owners to get a 5 speed with the possibility of NOT having to cut their floor. I have been keeping an eye on a 5-speed trans under development as a direct replacement for the Mopar A-833, the A-855
      I was on that waiting list for 3-1/2 years before I went to a T-56 Magnum about 6 months before it finally started selling to the public and I was called. There is still a pretty sizable backlog of orders, and unless something changes the current wait time is likely more than a year. The 855 is priced close to $5k, so about $1.5k more than the LGT-700. The advantage comes for the Mopar guy doing a direct replacement of an A-833. The bell housing, driveshaft, mount, pilot, TOB, flywheel, clutch, and etcetera ALL swap over. If you are running the A-833 "Hemi" 18 spline even the clutch disc swaps over. It is a true 100% swap / bolt in for the Mopar guy. No cutting and no extra parts to buy. I don't see any advantage for the non-Mopar crowd considering the price.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

Michael, is that $5K number for the box and tailshaft or a complete Auto to Manual Conversion?
      Johnny C.

Thanks for the drawings Jody! That works perfectly for me.
      Tony Edler
      Illumin8s
      See Illumin8s at www.illumin8s.com

'73 Dodge Challenger

Michael, is that $5K number for the box and tailshaft or a complete Auto to Manual Conversion?
      Transmission + shifter. That's it. Everything else you have to come up with. If you have a factory four speed in the car, you have all the pieces. Most of the factory four speeds are 26 spline. These are 18 spline, so if your's is 26 spline you also would need to buy a disc. If you have an auto you have to buy all the parts to convert to an A-833 except the transmission.
      Michael Mosley
      1968 Barracuda
      Plano, TX

Ouch. Keeping up with the theme of everything Mopar being marked up at least 20%
      Johnny C.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com