Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Strong Arms bushing. Is this right?

I got around to putting these on my 68 Camaro and get the upper arm on the driver side and happen to notice that on the right side of the arm it looks like two bushing are in. the left side of that arm only looks like one is in. I hope the pictures can better explain it. After noticing this i looked at the passenger control arm to find that both sides of that arm look the same again i hope the picture helps. Is this the way it is designed? The other issue I have is in the picture of the left side driver arm that bushing wouldn't compress any more to be flush like the other sides
      Picture of the right side of the driver arm

Picture of left side of driver arm

Notice what looks like the other half of a bushing ?
      Then the passenger side control arm

Any help would be great you guys! i wanted to call ridetech but didn't know how to explain with out pictures.

Country Flag: United States
      The first and second pictures definitely don't look right. It almost looks like one bushing is seated too deeply causing the other bushing to not be fully seated. Both of my upper Strong Arms match your passenger's side picture.

-Jim
      1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Country Flag: United States
      Here's what I see:
      First Picture: The right nut is not tight,the bushings and arms are shifted to the left (of the image).
      Second Picture: The left nut has been tightened and pulled the cross shaft and bushing to the left.

If you tighten the right side it will pull the bushings across and into where they should be.
      There may be a small gap, but that's fine.
      The bushings "lock" into the control arm so the arm cannot flex under braking.

Thank you for the replies I will try what is suggested.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com