Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Ever heard of "Keep it clean wiring"? - Milspec connectors

Cruising on the internet and came across http://www.keepitcleanwiring.com/

I was looking for a milspec style connector for my engine bay harness and they have a few different configurations listed.

That is their 37 pin connector and it sells for $85

Anyone try it or know if its any good? Not much information out there, its part of the Hoffmann group. Summit carries the line.

Tried to email them but haven't heard anything back.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Does that come with all the terminals, etc...?

Andrew

That's what I'm trying to figure out. If that is the case then it's a great deal.

They advertise it as a complete solution.

Still haven't heard back from them.

That's a cool deal, makes it nice and easy to order. I've thought of toying around with doing MIL-SPEC connectors on future projects as I've used them for my projects at work, but we have to spec them out piece by piece, end by end, it gets pretty daunting and expensive. This looks a lot easier.
      Josh Campbell- Pushing the limits of my HOA since 2011
      71 Firebird- 455, Ridetech front suspension. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...04#post1124504
      67 Camaro RS/SS clone, Speedtech front suspension, coilovers, soon to get LT1/T56.
      82 Z28- cheapie beater, soon to get a 406.
      66 Mustang coupe- 393, T-5, sold. https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...-Coupe-GT393-C

Hoffman Group is 99% junk products. I would expect these to be no different.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Hoffman Group is 99% junk products. I would expect these to be no different.
      Yup!!!

We tried their window switches, total junk. Got 8 of them, 6 were faulty out of the box, the other 2 came apart internally after a very short time.

I would go to wirecare.com or delcity.com and use something from them.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

You need to use Molex connectors. I use and stock them. Very good for bulkhead locking connectors.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

I'd agree to keep away from Hoffman product lines, When dealers drop a product line, good to take a hint.

Their "88-98" GM headlight kits look like junk. They aren't plug n play "compatible with factory harness" unless they use male 9005 style connectors which they dont-and, I can judge by the wiring it isnt j1128 spec so its not suitable for under hood use either. Not very high quality stuff.
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

I am learning a lot about wiring, connector types, and tools that are required. Here is another source for Molex connectors:

http://www.waytekwire.com/manf/130/M...of-Circuits=31

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Those are reasonably priced and are what I have been using. You don't _need_ the crimp tool but I bought one knowing that I would use it more than once.....awesome. Waytek also has some connectors from Delphi that are capable of carrying more amperage, they will be on my next stock order.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Harnessworx, seems like you have quite a bit of knowledge in wiring. Maybe start a Sutton style thread and, as my dad would say, learn us something!

Well, I wouldnt say I know it all-but where I differ in my harnesses is that I integrate late model options into factory style harnesses a usually centering around accessory stuff. I've begun building a variety of solid state equipped control harnesses and I'm offering a potted version of my 3-speed electric fan conversion harness, etc. So I focus on custom applications more than the cookie cutter factory style replacement stuff. I like chiming in with specific ideas when they come up. If you have ideas, post them up and I'd be happy to offer suggestions.

-W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

Quote Originally Posted by dontlifttoshift View Post
      Those are reasonably priced and are what I have been using. You don't _need_ the crimp tool but I bought one knowing that I would use it more than once.....awesome. Waytek also has some connectors from Delphi that are capable of carrying more amperage, they will be on my next stock order.
      I tried to go the military connector route, but frankly, I could just never figure out exactly what I needed. I wound up ordering the Delphi circular connectors for my project and should be installing them this later this week. I ordered most of the stuff from Waytek, but could only find one connector (the nine pin, with six #12 terminals that can handle up to 10ga wire) that could handle the number of 10ga wires I needed going through the firewall, and it's been discontinued. If all you need is four, you're good to go. If you need six, well....I did find those at Mouser Electronics, but they didn't have many left.

Anyone know if there's a nine pin version still being made?

I went and visited a friend and he gave me two Deutsch HD30 31 pin connectors with pins and plugs for both!

I ordered up from wirecare.com the lock washer, seal, nut and removal tool and on eBay there was a deutsch dt series kit 228 pieces with the crimper for $160. Crimper is the same one needed for the HD plug.

Jumping feet first into this one guys! I counted the wires for my FAST ez efi and gauges and I am at 25 pins so far. I might be able to pull it off with only using one connector. Thanks for the help

Put me down as a fan of Deutsch connectors. Laddinc(Laddinc.com) is the primary us distributor for their connectors and are great to deal with. They don't have large minimum quantities either.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com