Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Procharger on an AMC any one have any experience.

I have started piecing together a Procharger system for my AMX I know there is 1 kit available but it is very spendy and has no IC and I think I can piece one out for around $4-4500 with careful purchasing.

I know I will have to have brackets built and adapt mounting locations of other accessories to match what I come up with.

Biggest questions are

What crank pulley are people running and how are they incorporating the alt and possibly AC or what SBC pulley options are available? I was thinking possibly 2 V belts and a 12 rib or there are serp. pulleys available for AMC but there 6 rib do they make a pulley with both 12 and 6 and possibly a water pump pulley that would be a match?

Second, are there counterfeit Big Red BOV's and is that what is running around eBay as new no box?

And I guess just any other general info on building a kit for a car that doesn't currently have one available like material and thickness for the brackets so the don't bend.

What I have purchased so far:
      super damper for AMC to use SBC pulleys.

Standard rotation D1SC head unit. Suppose to be new, will figure it out when it comes in.

12" x 30" by 4.5" Procharger cross flow IC.
      Also suppose to be new, same thing it is in transit.

So far I am @ $2400 spent on the 3 items.

I know of a shop that has the know how and equipment to build the custom pieces and will generally do so reasonably if you can wait for a break in there normal production. As well as have people that can weld up steel or alum. tubing

Thanks

Not sure about the ProCharger ... but Bulltear makes a kit that's supposed to work with a Vortech. Maybe worthwhile to give them a call.

http://www.bulltear.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=258

Hope this helps.
      Duane
      '74 AMC Javelin AMX

Country Flag: United States

Procharger on an AMC any one have any experience.

Found out The supercharger store seems to have the bracket for $750 but there pulleys are set up for 4 bolt AMC, still may have to build the brackets since I want to use ATI damper and remote res. power steering with control freaks suspension???

Will have to save up for the IFS now and see what end up happening. The IFS was that plan for this year but 1/2 price new SC and IC was too good to refuse so retail suspension will have to wait.

I am currently approaching the end of my rebuild. 1970 AMC 40 with ProCharger setup from thesuperchargerstore.com and the control freak IFS. Here is my gallery if you want to check out the pics. I would like to see where you are on your build as well.

http://imgur.com/gallery/vL635

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com