Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1966 GMC Fleetside/Longbed/Big window Pro-touring project truck

For sale is my 1966 GMC 3/4 ton 2wd Fleetside Longbed(big window) hot rod project. An upcoming job means I won't have time to finish this project before moving away.

This was my truck in high school, which I sold and then seven years later found, bought back, and began restoring. The ultimate goal was to have a great pro-touring daily driver, combining new technology with old school looks.

I have put a LOT of time, money, and parts into this truck already, and the right person can finish it off. I have documented a lot of the build so far a popular GMC truck forum, and have nothing to hide with this project.

I have all the body panels, glass, etc with it and it's all included.

Here is what it has:
      - Sandblasted and painted frame (POR-15 base coat, and POR-15 UV top coat)
      - Front suspension and steering from an 87 ½ Ton, with all new suspension AND steering parts
      - 2.5" drop spindles with new disc brakes in the front
      - New shocks and shock mounts on all corners
      - Disc brakes in the rear with custom brackets
      - Sandblasted, painted, and rebuilt 12-bolt posi with 3.73 gears
      - New American Racing 18" rims, w/new Nitto all-weather performance tires (0 miles)
      - 350 cu.in motor with Trickflow heads, TPIS cam, stealth ram intake. It has been modified for fully sequential fuel and spark. No distributor to mess with, and coils for every cylinder. It should get ~400hp and around 20mpg highway once setup and tuned. This was previously a TPI motor and ran awesome but I knew it had more power and efficiency in it with better technology.
      o Megasquirt PRO 3 computer, relay board, and wiring harness. This computer can be tuned for anything including an LS motor if you wanted to go that route.
      o All needed sensors including a wide band O2 sensor.
      o Polished Aluminum pulleys and water pump
      o New harmonic balancer and crank trigger wheel
      o Customer bracket for Crank Trigger
      o Cam sensor distributor replacement
      o New oil pan, 1 piece filter
      o New oil pump (just for good measure since the pan was off and engine out)
      o Custom-made valve covers to mount coil packs
      o New LS2 Coil packs w/custom-made MSD wires
      o Tubular engine mounts
      - New/custom Exhaust system:
      o Brand new ceramic coated full length headers (Hedmen Elite series) with ball/socket collectors and o2 bungs.
      o Custom 2.5" mandrel bend exhaust, routed through the frame to tuck it up out of view. Borla mufflers and outlets centered under rear bumper with polished stainless Magnaflow tips.
      o X-pipe crossover after collectors
      o Braided flex pipes used near collectors to limit vibrations and wear
      o Copper header gaskets
      - 700R4 Transmission with 2000 RPM stall, mounted on a tubular rear cross-member
      - New fuel system:
      o New aluminum 16 gal rear tank w/new Aeromotive fuel pump in-tank. Has 0-90ohms sender built into tank too. Old gas tank in cab removed. New tank mounts are welded to frame for easy serviceability. No wrench/ratchet combo, it bolts right up to the frame snug.
      o A/N fittings and braided feed and return lines throughout. Feed lines go to Edelbrock fuel rails and new fuel injectors equally, then recombine at regulator and go back to tank return.
      o New Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator mounted to engine
      o Fuel lab canister fuel filter
      - All new stainless or grade 8 bolts used
      - All lines held with insulated anti-rattle clips

What it also comes with:
      - Full chassis wiring harness and bulkhead connectors for engine harness
      - Copper brake lines/fittings and braided lines (brackets installed, line not yet run)
      - Replacement driver rocker and floor panel
      - All original body panels hood, glass, extra rear windshield. Most panels in good shape, with usual rust spots. Worst areas are driver-side rocker, and driver bottom door skin. Some creases and dents on front fenders.
      - Custom harness for wipers to add intermittent speeds via a dial
      - Aluminum gauge cluster (no gauges)
      - Original AM radio (still works)
      - Kickpanel speakers
      - Bench seat and original seat belts

What it needs:
      - Steering column
      - A/C or heat unit
      - Needs to be wired (all needed harnesses for both engine and chassis included
      - Some body work on hood, cab, doors, bed needed to sure it up
      - Paint, at least on fixed areas
      - Finish brake lines
      - Engine tuning (Tuner Pro software)
      - Gauges
      - Rear axle perches welded to rear once chassis is fully weighted and pinion angle set (custom perches are included). Rear lower shock mounts need to be welded too (parts included).

Currently the body is completely off the frame, but I could mount the cab and bed back on if it was needed. As it is now, buyers can really see the work that went into it, but I understand that it would be easier to transport if it was at least partially assembled.

It is a fully rolling chassis right now

I have well over $13k into it right now. I am asking $8,500 for it as it sits, and can assist in loading/transporting in the Oregon/SW Washington area. I want this to go to a good home, and really wish I could take it with me. Unfortunately I don't know what country I'll end up in, and I don't want to store it long term.

I will consider throwing in my 120/240v Welder and Plasma cutter for a full price offer. That's another $1,500 or so in tools. I also have a Dana 60 (8 bolt lugs) rear with 4.10 gears I would throw in if wanted.

There are probably parts/work I've done that I've missed mentioning, but feel free to call with any questions.

I have the title for it as well.

Cheers all!

Old Photo from it's prime:

Dropping price to $7,000. I am gone January 22nd, and really need this gone. It's a hell of a deal (I guess I'm biased). Over $7k in parts alone, not to mention labor that's already done. Would consider trades for a complete, running car that might have a wider audience to sell to.

where is the truck located at?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Located near Portland OR. May have found a place to store it long term though. Will know more in a few days . . .

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com