Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      it's sitting nice

Country Flag: United States
      Thank you Lance, but I have one from co-worker, just a little scared of using it, since my first time.
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

Understand...it's like working on a bomb. Use wrenches to tighten and loosen, not an impact gun.

Also, remember you only need to grab about 3 coils total before you start squeezing, you don't need to try to grab all the way at the top and all the way at the bottom of the spring. Hardest part about taking them out of the car is getting the bolt of the compressor to line up with the top shock hole in the frame so that it'll go thru it when tightened. This is why it's easier to grab a coil a few down from near the top of the spring.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

olds87, take a look at my thread in suspension for a different take on spring compressors... https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/128376-Coil-spring-install-tip
      BTW Lance is right about only using hand tools...

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Motoracer838 View Post
      olds87, take a look at my thread in suspension for a different take on spring compressors... https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/128376-Coil-spring-install-tip
      BTW Lance is right about only using hand tools...

Joe
      Thank you for information and post.
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      Understand...it's like working on a bomb. Use wrenches to tighten and loosen, not an impact gun.

Also, remember you only need to grab about 3 coils total before you start squeezing, you don't need to try to grab all the way at the top and all the way at the bottom of the spring. Hardest part about taking them out of the car is getting the bolt of the compressor to line up with the top shock hole in the frame so that it'll go thru it when tightened. This is why it's easier to grab a coil a few down from near the top of the spring.
      Thank you Lance. I'll see what happens in two weeks. I took some time off for work, to try this out.
      James W.
      1987 Oldsmobile

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com