Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Falken azenis rt615k

Ive been looking at old threads and it seems these are pretty good tires for Auto X. I plan to run between 6-8 events in 2015 but the rest of the year Im just cruising the streets, maybe 2500-3000 miles. How do they do as far as tread wear on the street and highway driving? Discount tire has 275/40/17 for $206 plus $50 off 4 till Sun and I have a $50 off $250 from Summit. So I plan to get Summit to price match and use my $50 off and get all 4 tires for about $720 shipped. I think that's a great deal but would like to see them last at least 2 years. Is that a pipe dream for a 200 tread wear tire with auto x action?

What about this "break in" Discount tire offers, is that for real?

Happy Turkey Day

Pontiac Powered 72 GTO

there a very good tire, 6-8 events? do you mean like SCCA events or good guys, both of those are limited runs so 6-8 events and your planed 3000miles of average driving should be no problem,,,,make sure you have a good alignment and watch your tire pressures...after events...the "break in" or heat cycling is not needed with those tires

Just local SCCA events in STL. Thanks for the input

Pontiac Powered 72 GTO

I got about 3000 miles out of my first set this year, with probably around 125 autocross runs and two full days at the USCA event at Gateway. They still have good tread left on them but I was a little bit concerned about the outer shoulder wear, so I replaced them before heading to the SCCA Nationals in Sept. I still have the tires I took off and I wouldn't hesitate to put them back on rims and drive them on the street for a good long while yet.

You should get two years out of them easily. They are a GREAT tire for our big cars and you'll love them. The only complaint you'll probably have about them in daily driver use is they'll flat spot if they sit for a week or so without moving. This goes away in just a few miles though so it's not a big deal.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

I agree. I am sure you can get 2 years out of them

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com