Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: LS3 Dead pedal

Country Flag: United States

LS3 Dead pedal

Car still starts and idles fine, but now have a dead GM electronic throttle pedal. Worked great for the last 8 months. Checked all of the obvious connectors and they appear to be OK. Only changes under the hood-radiator was repaired and re-installed. Crate LS376/525 FI with a Z-06 6spd conversion in a 1980 Porsche 928 (Just Peachy project) Any help would be appreciated. 77tony

Quote Originally Posted by 77tony View Post
      Car still starts and idles fine, but now have a dead GM electronic throttle pedal. Worked great for the last 8 months. Checked all of the obvious connectors and they appear to be OK. Only changes under the hood-radiator was repaired and re-installed. Crate LS376/525 FI with a Z-06 6spd conversion in a 1980 Porsche 928 (Just Peachy project) Any help would be appreciated. 77tony
      Tony,

Maybe the pedal just went bad? Have you tried replacing it?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

can a scan tool and see if it will recognize the pedal. Pretty common for the pedal to go bad. disconnect the battery for alittle and see if it works. Sometimes it will go into limp mode

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Tony,

Maybe the pedal just went bad? Have you tried replacing it?

Andrew
      Not yet Andrew. Looking for a pattern here. If needed, might replace with a Lokar unit. T

Quote Originally Posted by icemanrd19 View Post
      can a scan tool and see if it will recognize the pedal. Pretty common for the pedal to go bad. disconnect the battery for alittle and see if it works. Sometimes it will go into limp mode
      Don't have a scan tool but do have a battery shut off switch. Will try that first. Thanks, T

I had my car go into limp mode. Pedal seemed unresponsive. It did come back 25mins later. My tuner cleared it so it shouldn't happen again.

icemanrd19, I disconnected the battery for 20 minutes-nada. Cole, did it clear after 25 minutes or did the tuner make it work again ? TIA Tony

Replace the dead pedal with a new one and nada. Have traced all wiring and found no break. Have disconnected battery several times to no avail. HELP ! T

Found the culprit. It was a new (pre-oiled)air filter that messed up the MAF sensor. Cleaned the sensor, then installed a new AFE pro-dry (oil-free) filter. T

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com