Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Automatic shifter in a 67 Camaro console

Due to a bad left clutch knee I am currently going from a muncie to a th350 and gear vendors in my 67 Camaro. I have been searching like crazy for a shifter that will work in the console. I am looking at Lokar and the B&M Hammer thinking it would fit inside the console and then boot it w/o the shifter housing. Has anyone done this? Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the hammer shifter. Thanks a lot.

Country Flag: United States
      http://www.bmracing.com/products/808...&md=&smd=&eng=

For whatever reason I can't download the pdf with the dimensions of the Hammer shifter but I would think that it should be pretty straight forward to adapt. I put a megashifter in my 68 Camaro's console with a button on the shifter handle to activate the Gear Vendor's OD and it worked quite well.
      It's usually easier if the shifter mounting height is lower than the inside height of the console then you can raise the shifter using spacer blocks to match the console housing. If the shifter mount is taller than the console then you can raise the console using the same method and add extra jute padding beneath the carpet to make up the additional room.

B&M also makes a few Hammer shifters that fit consoles for Mustangs that may require you to build a mount to support them in a Camaro but should take up less room inside the console.

1968 Camaro --502HO, ATI 10" TreeMaster, Hughes TH400 with Gear Vendor's OD, Moser 12-bolt, RideTech StrongArms and MuscleBar, Chris Alston G-bar rear suspension, 2 1/8" by 4" Lemon's Headers through 3" Pypes X-pipe and Hooker AeroChambers.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com