Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Those turned out great. Perfect choice.

Thank you. I am really happy with them. Believe it or not it changes the looks of the car at least from the sides.

Rear seats mounted. Any ideas for an existing center console that could be fitted?
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      70 GTO - Alum 5.3/4L80e, 7875
      17 GT350

Those blue seats looks fantastic.
      Center console might be tough to come by, but higher-caste benz and bmws sometimes had them. Some of them had mini fridges in them too which would be pretty cool. Making one wouldn't be too hard or you could get a local stereo shop to whip up a fiberglass one.
      https://www.instagram.com/gen_v_lt1_chevelle/

Do not buy anything from Frankie's Used Auto Parts. Ever.
      Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Mmmmm . . . . Mini fridge . . . .
      17 GT350

I was talking to the upholstery guy today about putting the GTO rear seats in my 65 Skylark. In my case he will just go ahead and make up a console. I will probably just have a couple of cup holders in mine.

A little update. After looking situation over once more we will go ahead and separate the backseats and install them individually. Then the next decision is whether to make the new console one piece that extends to the front buckets seats or extend only as far as the back seats. If I did the latter I would keep the existing console that is between the fronts seats. Either way I will buy 4 new stainless steel cup holders.

Since the rears are clearly a two-person deal now the full length console would work, but I like having the center area clear to make getting in and out easier for people in the back, say if two people need to get out on one side. I have a convertible though, so my other concern is keeping it simple so people don't just opt to jump over the side. My friends tend to drink a lot when we take my car out, so your concerns might not mirror my own.
      The continuous space in the footwell is also nice on the rare occasion when I use the car to transport random things. If you don't DD yours much then this too might be of no concern to you.

Chevelle ̶a̶l̶m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ L92/200-4r now Gen V LT1 and T56- https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...nvertible.html

Those are some good thoughts. I was thinking with the powered front seats it will be no problem moving the seat forward to accommodate someone in the back. These GTO seats have a ton of travel to them. At this point it is a four seater anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
      Update: I now have the 2004 GTO front bucket seats installed in the 65 Skylark. They fit real well. I am 6' 1", 245 lbs and I have plenty of room including head clearance. As stated these are 8 way adjustable with a lumbar adjustment. I now have plenty of leg room which I did not before. Here are a couple of pictures. These are just OK pictures as the sun was not at the right angle. Now on to the GTO rear seats.

Those look GREAT! Can I ask how much it cost you to have them recovered like that? I really want to do that to mine and make them look like they belong in a '67 GTO. Im just looking for a frame of reference to see if i'm getting hosed or not when I start getting estimates.
      -Nick
      -1967 GTO I drive and race
      -Build threads:
      -http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=615847&page=23
      -https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...project-thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1989GTA View Post
      Those are some good thoughts. I was thinking with the powered front seats it will be no problem moving the seat forward to accommodate someone in the back. These GTO seats have a ton of travel to them. At this point it is a four seater anyways.
      It's a little tight back there, the new seats are bulky. However at 6'1" tall I can JUST sit "behind myself" but I'm scrunched a little in the front.
      17 GT350

I was charged $400 each to get the seats recovered in the 1965 Skylark style. Regarding the back seats I may just stop the rear seat console at the front of the back seats.

Rear seats are in. My head just brushes the headliner, so they're a little high. Not much to be done about that, and it's pretty common in all cars at my height anyways. The number of times I will sit back there again will be zero. Time to go start measuring fancy consoles at the junkyard for fitment. I left an extra power wire in the trunk for Ipad chargers in the console, etc, maybe some kind of a cooler . . .
      17 GT350

Any pictures or description on how you mounted the rear seats? They came out nice. I want to see what you do with the console.

I'm curious about that as well. I used welding ground magnets (really strong magnets with bolts on the backs) and some brackets I made to anchor everything in place. Works well enough and allows me to pivot the rear when I put the top up/ down.
      Something to consider in case you find a console that is too narrow might be grabbing some side pads to place between the seats and walls to move them in a bit. Some cars with fold down rear seats have thin (1-2 inch) slivers of seat between the center sections and the sides of the car. I saw a volvo or something that had some that I had intended to use, but because of the top cylinders my car is a bit too narrow. Just a thought.

The top factory hooks for the upper seatback just slip into slots cut in the upper rear firewall, just visible at the black taped area in the photos. For the seat bottom I made up hooks from 3/16" plate, sandwiched between the original bracket sides with a 3/8" through bolt and two inner jam nuts. The hook catches the bottom seat spring, you turn it with a 9/16" socket on an extension from the opening in the side of the seat. Not much else to be done with the limited space.
      17 GT350

Thank you for the pictures. I was wondering how you did it. I cut out the "stands" that the seat bottom attaches to out of the 2004 GTO in case I need them.

Here are my 4th gen firebird seats (recovered to 68 med blue deluxe) with matching 5th gen console. Having a black interior would make it so much easier LOL
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Front seats are in . . .
      17 GT350

Looks good. Looks like you also will have plenty of leg room.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com