Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Country Flag: United States
      It's on my calendar, so it looks like I'm making roadtrips 2 weekends in a row again.
      Bryan (a.k.a. Carbuff)

70 Camaro RS Hunk'o'Metal - Previous Project
      71 Firebird Project T.O.W. - New Project

2015 USCA Event Calendar

A little off topic but Ill ask anyway. I enjoy watching the events on Mav TV just a little curious why they don't show more car and action footage vs talking.

Pontiac Powered 72 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by struck by Lightning View Post
      Hope the USCA reconsiders the non event sponsor decal limitation. I have a sponsorship agreement in place with an electrical contractor for 2015 and am finalizing another with the American Cancer Society. I believe non car / industry related sponsorship will strenghten our sport and will be a key component in the future.
      agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by chichirone View Post
      Who's coming to Texas? I hope there is another promotion offering a discount for both the GoodGuys event on 3/20-3/22 and USCA registrations. Really appreciated the offer this past spring. Especially with both our cars attending in 2015.
      I know this is a challenge for a lot of people to come to both. Last year I feel USCA lost out to Goodguys.
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

I'm wanting to make at least one day session at Pikes Peak, and possibly the two day event. What does event registration cost? Is this a couple hundred or do I need to sell something to play with the big boys?

Speaking of being kid poor... How are your external sponsorship set up, and what are you guys asking for when looking for sponsorship. Kinda off topic I guess.
      Brandon Pursley,

I believe the entry fee was $500 last year for a single event. or like $50 to run the road rally

Pontiac Powered 72 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Gratefuldiver View Post
      I believe the entry fee was $500 last year for a single event. or like $50 to run the road rally
      I was hoping for less, but its not a game changer. I gotta play while its happening in my neck of the woods.
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      Speaking of being kid poor... How are your external sponsorship set up, and what are you guys asking for when looking for sponsorship. Kinda off topic I guess.
      I agreed to display the electrical contractors business logo on both sides of my vehicle for 2015 with several stipulations. No phone numbers as an example and I have the right to refuse the logo design. A contract is in place with this sponsorship.

George Dias
      1973 Camaro
      2002 SVT Lightning
      2003 Z06 Corvette

2015 Truckin Throwdown Champion http://www.trucktrend.com/events/tru...by-ebc-brakes/

Registration is up. 300 for 1 day and 500 for 2 days which adds on the Road Course.

http://driveusca.com/events/
      Chris

Total Cost Involved - Ridetech - Fatman - Total Control Products - Gateway Performance - MaverickMan Carbon

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      Registration is up. 300 for 1 day and 500 for 2 days which adds on the Road Course.

http://driveusca.com/events/
      Nice! Thanks for posting the link. Registration I don't was not up on the 25th when I last looked.

Now to decide as a novice road racer whether the extra $200, lodging, and a day is worth it... probably
      Brandon Pursley,

Now to decide as a novice road racer whether the extra $200, lodging, and a day is worth it... probably [/QUOTE]

Defintely is...take advantage of the instructors. It makes the extra investment well worth the cost. Look for any discounts as well. SCCA. Referral. Any of the sponsors may have a coupon code. Just need to keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by GrabberGT View Post
      I know this is a challenge for a lot of people to come to both. Last year I feel USCA lost out to Goodguys.
      Agree. Especially when considering last years format at TMS was a 3 day event. Most participants had difficulty managing 3 day events two weeks in a row.

Hopefully the coverage throughout 2014 will bring more participants out of the woodwork for the 2015 events.

Quote Originally Posted by chichirone View Post
      Defintely is...take advantage of the instructors. It makes the extra investment well worth the cost. Look for any discounts as well. SCCA. Referral. Any of the sponsors may have a coupon code. Just need to keep looking.
      In the event description it doesn't really say, but sounds like an instructor will be riding along with me as a novice? Awesome! Yeah the discount coupons is a great idea. If any of you run across discounts other than joining the usca for $75/year to get $25 off/event that would be cool.
      Brandon Pursley,

Quote Originally Posted by BADNBLK View Post
      In the event description it doesn't really say, but sounds like an instructor will be riding along with me as a novice? Awesome! Yeah the discount coupons is a great idea. If any of you run across discounts other than joining the usca for $75/year to get $25 off/event that would be cool.
      There are instructors available to ride along if you like. In addition, the rule 27.a allows other participants to ride along in any portion except road course.
      Chris

Quote Originally Posted by howehot View Post
      I hope the non event sponsor decal sizing will be revisited. It has been discussed on a closed forum and some exceptions will be made. I brought up my Wrangler wrap and Schwartz Performance on the quarters. Schwartz has done a lot for me to be able to have a competitive car at these events, driver not so much. To say they cannot get recognition for what they do I feel is not right. If this stay as written they small guy and his car will have a tough time affording to attend these events. Entry fee, travel, lodging and race day expenses add up quickly.

Event sponsor a complaining that others are getting free tv time at their expense so the request for smaller decals. I see their point but they need to remember we have expenses also and the few sponsor we have need to be recognized in the sport.
      I don't have a dog in the hunt here, but if you look at any race series, there are Series Sponsors and Car Sponsors. USCA needs to realize the more the merrier!

yeah if they want it to grow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com