Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

LSX source in SoCal?

Looking for a good source to find an LQ9 or LY6 drop out for my 68 camaro build. Ebay seems a little over priced and most are in the Midwest or south. Anywhere in LA, OC, riverside, etc

Up near santa ana their are a Ton of junkyards that sell them but the prices are extremely high even for a 5.3. Also you can check out Craigslist their is a dude selling a l92 for 3k

Yeah, it seems everyone is overpriced on the west coast. I would put a wanted ad up on Craigslist and also check out LS1tech.com

Maybe I'll take a drive to Vegas or AZ for one. AZ has huge yards.

I just switched gears on my build. The shop i've been dealing with has an lq9 that they refreshed for me (plus added a cam). If you want, pm me and i'll give you his phone number. maybe you could snatch that one up? The shop isn't charging me for the engine or the work, they were just going to hold onto it and put it in a future build. so you wouldn't be purchasing it from me. they are in lancaster
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by scott_fx View Post
      I just switched gears on my build. The shop i've been dealing with has an lq9 that they refreshed for me (plus added a cam). If you want, pm me and i'll give you his phone number. maybe you could snatch that one up? The shop isn't charging me for the engine or the work, they were just going to hold onto it and put it in a future build. so you wouldn't be purchasing it from me. they are in lancaster
      I'm still in research mode. Probably won't pull the trigger for another year and would like to hold out for an L92 first choice and LY6 second choice. The unibody and sub frame are heading into be blasted so I've got time still. Heh

Thanks for the offer though!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com