Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone want to run a track day at the Auto Club Roval this weekend (11/23) with me?

EDIT: After action report added further in the thread.

I signed up for Sunday to run the Roval for the first time. Extreme speed track events is the organizer. Probably the cheapest price to run the Auto Club Roval you will find and with the low number of cars currently signed up I'm guessing there will be lots and lots of clean track time.

Fontana is where Extreme Speed Track Events will be at this weekend, where will you be? Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 come on out and join us at Auto Club Speed Way. We will be running Infield + Roval both days. Don't wait until the last minute to register and be the only one to miss out on all the fun.
      As a bonus for jointing us, Sunday 23 we will be hosting Mitsufest. Make sure to stop by and check out what they have to offer.
      See you guys soon!!

here are the details:

$160 @ Autoclub Speedway Infield + Oval (Roval) November 22-23 2014

Extremespeedtrackevents will be at Autoclub Speedway in Fonatan
      in SoCal-
      November 22- 23rd for a track day, Special track day price of only $160 for the whole day on track .
      DISCOUNT CODE IS ( ACS16)
      Any Questions email [email protected]
      Register here- Home - Extreme Speed Track Events
      Must register before November 18 for the discount

Free Basic on track instruction for beginners, All driver levels welcome.Beginners are welcome.
      Extremespeed will be running special private run groups for beginners who want to get familiar with on track essentials and car control at highway speeds.
      Free timing for all drivers

As an added bonus I have included this hilarious video taken on the Roval for you enjoyment.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Jake is running his Mustang on Sunday only. I might be there to pit for him. Can't miss it, bright orange 2008.
      69 Camaro RS, LS7,T56 Magnum, DSE Front Sub, DSE Rear, ZO6 Brakes from Kore 3, Full Floater 9", Forgelines. Built and set up by JCG.

Cool. I will look for you guys out there!

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Whew!!! What a great day! Its been a while since I've had this much fun. Its been a while since I've been this nervous/scared out of mind ha ha. The Auto Club Sports Car course (aka Roval) is one intense track!

I ended up being the only Pro-touring / classic muscle at the track today. Its a bummer no other PT cars showed but it was kind of neat being the sole outlier too. I did see Jake running his daily driver Mustang in the time attack competition. Good stuff.

This was a real test for me and the car as this is the first track day I've done since getting the TCI Engineering subframe and torque arm installed along with the 427" LS3 motor. After many setbacks it was awesome to have a 99.9% trouble free day. I only had two gremlins. 1) My license plat didn't like 150mph and was hanging by one bolt after the 1st session. 2) My ignition relay melted down after the first session (not sure what to make of that yet). Otherwise the coolant temps were 195-200 the whole time and oil temps hovered a hair under 250*

By the numbers:
      - 33 Laps driven
      - 25 timed
      - Over 1 hour of seat time (left early too)
      - 6.6mpg on track
      - Over 100 miles driven on track
      - Fastest lap time 1:59 (ran at least one 1:59 lap in every session so at least I was consistent).
      - Highest top speed 151mph

I didn't push the car nearly as hard on the brakes and corners as its capable of but the Auto Club is so damn fast I wanted to still drive home. Yeah I didn't trailer the car!

Here is some data from my fastest lap:

And a video of my highest top speed and some passes.

Overall the car felt great and though I had some pretty conservative brake zones and g's in the corners I was far from the edge. Its so much more fun to drive a balanced car than my old push monster!

I might do some more video and pics but for now I'm off to bed!

I like the info you collected and shared. That's good detail I need to look into for our car.
      Glad to hear your car ran all day without issue. That is a demanding track and you should be pleased it did well.
      69 Camaro RS, LS7,T56 Magnum, DSE Front Sub, DSE Rear, ZO6 Brakes from Kore 3, Full Floater 9", Forgelines. Built and set up by JCG.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com