Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 firebird convertible project

68 firebird convertible project/builder FS or TRADE

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Ok......to build a custom car much of the stock stuff is going out the window anyway. What I have here is a clean title 68 firebird convertible. The right rear quarter was dented and filled improperly with a lot of bondo. But it appears to have no rust. The left rear quarter has been entirely replaced, but its a new skin over old. Rear valance/pan is in great shape. Trunk lid isnt from this car and has some rust. There is no floor from mid-door back.

Cowl area is rust free (shocker!) including around the windshield. There is a custom rear frame in place though not completely welded into the existing platform. Will allow for tubbing with no problem, not to mention stiffen the car. No rear suspension yet....the rear is temporarily welded in place. There are gears in that rear but I dont know what they are or if its the original. No rear brakes.

It was I think a 4 spd car. You can see where the plate was bolted to the frame for the z-bar bracket. Believe it has motor mounts for a chevy small block at present.

Weld Draglite wheels are not available.

Use either a donor car, or new parts. Everything new you'd need for this car including doors, fenders, hood and core support for around $1250 on ebay. Would make an excellent LS swap, and they are worth big bucks these days.

If you already have a project bird, upgrade to a convertible with your parts...lol

$2850 or trades for firearms. Car is in storage right now so it might take me time to get better pics.

Attached Images Attached Images                
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Ttt
      1973 Trans Am 455 SR block, ported 6x-8 heads, solid cam, Victor intake, 830 CSU carb, aluminum rods, 77mm Garrett turbo and methanol injection. 1064hp at the flywheel@5500 rpm

Good title. Offers?

Country Flag: United States
      If it were closer I would have been interested but Delaware might as well be the North Pole from Texas. :>)

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Hey Don, just saw this. Might help if I subscribed to my own thread. lol But yeah, Texas is far to ship a vehicle at this value level.

LOWERING THE PRICE TO $2450

Ttt

Country Flag: United States
      do you have any more pics of that rear frame work? how is it attached to the rest of the car? im interested in this but i want to make sure I know what im getting into before I make any decisions.

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

I don't have any better pictures of the frame or anything else at the moment, but its time and I need to change that. It might not be this coming weekend, but I am going to get the car out of storage in lower DE and bring it up to West Chester, PA. Probably sometime next week or that following weekend. I'll get better pics at that time and send you a note when I do. It will also at that time be closer to the I-95 corridor than it is at present.

Finally picked this thing up from storage, and now for sale on ebay. Starting bid at $1400. Has more pics and a video.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281781090867...0867&viewitem=

Was bid to $1475, and then the buyer disappeared. Bumping here before I relist on ebay. Pics and video still available under old ebay listing at link above.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com