Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

wrought iron fence pros?

Hey fellas,im going to build two fences for my house,one is a 5 1/2 tall 8ft wide,the rv parking one is in a 20 ft opening with double swing out doors.im looking at doing them with scroll gate tops but im not sure if im doing all steel tube or the kind that have wood panel between the frame work.the question i have is are there any programs i can input the dimensions in and have the program plot out were the scrolls can go.i have the welder saw and have pretty good fabracation skills(i have 17 yrs of lathe,mill,machine shop design),i can afford to have them done but i like the challenge,of doung stuff myself. Heres a picture of some iron work i did a month back for my wife.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      72 chevelle.

Not sure about programs, but I've done a few small wrought iron projects by simply laying them out on cardboard or flooring paper first. One thing to be said about laying a design out on cardboard that you'll be fabricating anyways is it does help to get you in the right frame of mind to make it .Also helps to better visualize it in real life sizing.

^^ thank you,i guess i just needed motivation.i'll try the floor paper design layout.
      Phil
      72 chevelle.

Thought so. Us fabricators all just need a little motivation sometimes. Small drawing, then layout should do it.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com