Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Norway

New bonspeed billet wheels, would you expect this?

Long story short: Manufacturer said 12 weeks to make, I waited over 6 months before they were even shipped, manufacturer says they had to be re-done then forgotten at the stripper shop. This after numerous Calls and emails asking how the wheels are doing. This is what I finally got:

Manufacturer told me that "5 feet away you won't see it." Oh yes you do. Manufacturer offered to fix them a third time, I pay shipping. Well, if I do that then I'm well above the price for a set of 3-piece Simmons Wheels at my door from Australia...
      Last edited by kimosabi; 11-14-2014 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Title was misleading

As of right now, I am not dealing with a stand up Company, thats for sure. Owner says I blow the pics up 25x and that I try to make it look worse than it is. These are 17" 5 spoke wheels, I wouldn't say showing pretty much the Whole Wheel opening as "blowing up a picture".

For me to spend money on sending them back at this point I would need a written confirmation that a refund is issued and refund will gonna have to be in my bank account before I ship them.

Wheels were supposed to go on a 70 Camaro RS. If I wanted wheels for my daily driver I sure wouldnt shop billet wheels from the other side of the planet and not at all in this pricerange.

The very first thing I encourage anyone reading this post to do is search forums for other bad comments about bonspeed or myself. You don't find any, why, because we build top quality product and we offer great customer care.

The second thing, I encourage each of you to do is go back and read the customers post. I offered to have the wheels brought back and we would refinish to his satisfaction at no cost. Yes, he must pay shipping from Norway, because we only shipped them to his shipper in NJ.

It is always frustrating when a customer takes photos of very small areas and then blows them up 25X to show others. It is also frustrating when they exaggerate the situation. Kim forgot to inform the forum that we included a great deal of technical expertise for his fitment and many questions, offered him a bargin price and even included extras such as lug nuts and valve stems at no cost!

What else did Kim forget? The purchase was a Lay A Way, we awaited decisions on fitment and finish delaying his order. He stated that we had two powder coat errors and the reason he does not TRUST me. Well the wheels were refinished, because he changed his mind on finish and we stripped and re-powdercoated at no charge.

I offered Kim a resolution and by his own admission he did not want to accept that offer. Remember, you always find more issues than applause on forums and again I encourage you to look for complaints on bonspeed or myself.

Remember, you should really know all the facts before you pile-on.
      Brad Fanshaw

Tech Line:714.666.1966
      bonspeedWheels.com

Originally Posted by bonspeedbrad

The very first thing I encourage anyone reading this post to do is search forums for other bad comments about bonspeed or myself. You don't find any, why, because we build top quality product and we offer great customer care.

Tough statements Sir. Here's a couple I dug up in 15 Seconds:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...r-story-inside

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

The second thing, I encourage each of you to do is go back and read the customers post. I offered to have the wheels brought back and we would refinish to his satisfaction at no cost. Yes, he must pay shipping from Norway, because we only shipped them to his shipper in NJ.
      First powdercoat you admitted that the process went wrong and you had to re-do them. Then you misplace the wheels at a stripper shop for several weeks. Over 6 months after balance was paid for the weels, you ship them out. Would you spend over $800 shipping to a company that does this? Well, the shipping to NJ was $200 as well. Another $200 actually to get them to Norway. You have not offered to pay ANY shipping.

It is always frustrating when a customer takes photos of very small areas and then blows them up 25X to show others. It is also frustrating when they exaggerate the situation. Kim forgot to inform the forum that we included a great deal of technical expertise for his fitment and many questions, offered him a bargin price and even included extras such as lug nuts and valve stems at no cost!
      Entire length of spokes and the whole wheel opening in a 5 spoke 17" Wheel is not "very small area", nor are they blown up. 25x? People are not stupid. Almost every Wheel opening on all four have the issues I have pictured. Brad, what the hell?

"Great deal of technical expertise on his fitment" I think you're the definition of exaggerating. Not many questions asked and I'd be happy to quote any of the 3 PM's we exchanged over at Pro-Touring.com. I can also quote all emails sent back and forth. But do you really wanna go there?

I never asked for free lugnuts or valvestems or any of that. Either way, none of those items are usable on a wheel that looks like the ones you sent me. Right now, I take those as trying to bribe me for accepting the wheels as is. I will happily send those items back to you. No charge. Bribe not taken.

The Lay A Way deal offered is Your offering. If wheels With masking and finish work like this is all you can offer on a deal like Your Lay A Way, I feel compelled to inform others as well.

What else did Kim forget? The purchase was a Lay A Way, we awaited decisions on fitment and finish delaying his order. He stated that we had two powder coat errors and the reason he does not TRUST me. Well the wheels were refinished, because he changed his mind on finish and we stripped and re-powdercoated at no charge.
      Lay A Way was paid in full February 2014. I have the PayPal records to support all three payments since december 2013. I never changed my mind on finishing. The deal was smoked titanium with ball milled areas in Wheel openings and clear powdercoat on top. There was no waiting for decisions on fitment. I ordered 17x10 5.75bs for the rear and 17x8 4.5bsfor the front, by Your recommendation. We agreed on that december last year. I never changed that. You PMd me 8-12 weeks time to make the wheels. How many weeks are 6 months? Now, I do count the weeks after balance was paid to the point where you shipped the wheels.

You told me yourself on the phone that the first run on powdercoat went wrong. You had to re-do them first time, that was not because I changed my mind on finishing. That is a straight out lie.

I offered Kim a resolution and by his own admission he did not want to accept that offer. Remember, you always find more issues than applause on forums and again I encourage you to look for complaints on bonspeed or myself.
      There's no reason for me to trust a company that screws up a powdercoat twice. The offer you made was that I pay for shipping and trust you to do a good job, when you have done nothing to support any trust what so ever. There are no one supporting that masking job on the Wheels you sent me, besides yourself.

Remember, you should really know all the facts before you pile-on.
      I can disprove most of all Your "facts", Brad. Proof is in the pudding and why you even try smearing me and others with all that creative bs is beyond me. I'm telling it like it is, how the experience was/is. You sent out wheels that should never have passed QC, you're not willing to clean up your mess unless I pay for everything, again, and I don't want any fellow car enthusiast to experience a wheel purchase like I have.

I can see that now you're just copy pasting your reply over at NastyZ, which I have replied to at NastyZ. And now here. I have worked at a few businesses were my skills are needed and when I make a mistake my experience is that it always pays out better in the end to just man up, admit, and clean up my mistakes. Yes you take a loss but customers always appreciate you fixing it. And they come back too!

Car that were supposed to have the wheels:

It doesn't help much that Forgeline now has a customer appreciation sale either. *sigh* So, what to do, spend even more money on a set of bad business experience/screwed me over poorly finished bonspeeds, or put the $7-800 it would take to fix them and put that money into a new set from a better, more professional brand instead, while chucking the bonspeeds in the ocean.

Country Flag: United States
      This thread has been moved to the Feedback forum. The only posts that will be approved from now on are from kimosabi and from bonspeedbrad.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I have sent pictures of another customer's wheels of same design that looks much much better to bonspeed for comparison. No answer.

Since october 13th, when bonspeed made the post here, they have gone completely dark.

Been 10 more days since my last post and no response from bonspeed. I have a little update to show the vast differences in finish my wheels got compared to other customers wheels. Which I think gives a very fair ground for complaint. First another customer of bonspeed, only difference in design is color:

And mine

Offer sent, still no response.

Time goes by and bonspeed still does not reply to my effort in making contact. I have sent an offer for a resolution in which I see as an equal compromise from both ends, where I include a quote from my wheels shop to have them fixed and I sign off bonspeed for any responsibility for finish, design or the wheel as a whole after wheels hop has fixed them.

Offer was sent via email 11th dec 2014. No reply.

Country Flag: United States
      I've deleted all the extra comments. This is between kimosabi and Bonspeed.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

Issue still not resolved and owner of bonspeed, Brad Fanshaw, does not seem to want anything to do with the wheels, does not stand behind what they have done and the wheels sitting in their shipping boxes locked up in my container. Offer I made 11th dec 2014 to resolve this copied below:

Hello,

I have been in contact with a wheel shop in Norway to fix the wheel finish.

I would like to offer that I send the wheels to Østfold Felgteknikk, you pay the bill for the work and all shipping is on me. I will also sign off bonspeed on the finish work, no attachments with bonspeed what so ever on the wheels or new finish and I will delete all publications on my experience with your company.

If this sounds ok to you, if you have additional terms/disagree or would like to decline the offer, please let me know via email or phone: +47 980 75 262.

Links to Østfold Felgteknikk/Østfold Rim Engineering: http://www.felgteknikk.no/

https://www.facebook.com/felgteknikk

Here's their quote, based on the pictures I have sent, it may vary some when they get the wheels for inspection but I suspect not by much.

Retail price : •

1120, -x4 / $629 for all four

Powder coating + Diamond Cutting Price per . rim + VAT

Price on powder coating is a total price and includes stripping , sandblasting, repairing minor damage , powder coating 3 layers.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com