Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32
      Glad to help .... if you have any questions don't be affraid to ask

Thanks mate,

I've found a video on youtube where a guy has installed an LS and 4L80e into his 66 Mustang with only a few mods to the tunnel (tunnel support brace trimmed and plated). and a builder here in Australia that did an LS / 4L65E into a 67 Mustang with what appears to be no mods.

Now he is using a K-Member swap but I think his running gear is much further forward than yours - front of the block face to radiator support at approx 15 in.

Would you be able to measure yours for me (front of block to rad support)?

Cheers man!

Quote Originally Posted by ronin187 View Post
      Thanks mate,

I've found a video on youtube where a guy has installed an LS and 4L80e into his 66 Mustang with only a few mods to the tunnel (tunnel support brace trimmed and plated). and a builder here in Australia that did an LS / 4L65E into a 67 Mustang with what appears to be no mods.

Now he is using a K-Member swap but I think his running gear is much further forward than yours - front of the block face to radiator support at approx 15 in.

Would you be able to measure yours for me (front of block to rad support)?

Cheers man!
      It's 18 inches . The tunnel in my Cougar was not very big , I made a new tunnel as well as the firewall , when I built the Cougar I designed it so it would be easy to work on.

Grill

I know this thread is ancient, but here it goes. I absolutely love the Challenger grille. How can I find out more about it?

thanks,
      mitch
      Coutang
      Had it since 1977… it’s in pieces! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Coutang View Post
      I know this thread is ancient, but here it goes. I absolutely love the Challenger grille. How can I find out more about it?

thanks,
      mitch
      Coutang
      Had it since 1977… it’s in pieces! Lol

Thanks , the actual light assembies I bought off of eBay . They're not original Mopar pieces but they're far from junk. I had to modify the back side of the housings to fit my application. The rest of the grille I fabricated from 18g sheet metal and plastic honeycomb material that I found on eBay as well . I also fabricated a structure from 1"x1" square tubing to mount the housing assemblies too. I've had plenty of positive comments on the overall look of the front of the car. Thanks again .

What page of your work, could I look at this conversion with more detailed images etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Coutang View Post
      What page of your work, could I look at this conversion with more detailed images etc?
      I didn't document step by step how I built this grille. There are pictures in this thread that I took during the build. My suggestion to you if you want to build something one of a kind is to buy the parts you need and just make it happen. If you want to put in the work then go for it , there are no guarantees .
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow , it's been awhile since I've updated . I've installed Procar low back seats up front and I stripped the back seat down to the frame and narrowed the frames approx 4 inches because of the Detroit Speed mini tubs. I decided to purchase the Procar seats rather than redo the original buckets because of $ , I would have to wait 6-9 months for a kit , plus I'd need to replace the old foam which is falling apart , etc .. next step is to have the rear seat recovered locally .

Name:  IMG_1945.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  227.7 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Those look pretty nice. What did you have to do for the brackets?

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Those look pretty nice. What did you have to do for the brackets?

Andrew
      Hey Andrew , they’re not to shabby. I pretty much looked at a picture of the ones Procar(Scat) sells and copied those . 1” square steel tube capped on the ends with an internal nut . 1/8” 1 1/2” steel flat bar that run across connecting the square tubes . They use the stock holes in the floor pan.

Check out this page from Summit Racing https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sca-81266

These are the ones

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com