Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast
      Thanks Josh , in case you didn't notice ...........

Name:  IMG_0999_zpskbz46ji0.jpg
Views: 2183
Size:  84.0 KB[

Name:  IMG_1025_zpsglenibdv.jpg
Views: 2085
Size:  110.0 KBName:  IMG_1022_zpsouf4vxvd.jpg
Views: 2110
Size:  101.4 KBName:  IMG_1014_zpsamasmb0x.jpg
Views: 2093
Size:  80.4 KBName:  IMG_1024_zpscei2i9cp.jpg
Views: 2097
Size:  103.5 KB
      Update , lately I've been Installing the dash and wiring . Plus I've been waiting on parts , apparently it takes approx. 50 days to get a box of weather stripping from Salem ,Oregon to Vancouver , BC , unbelievable !. As I've noted earlier I've gone with a 68 Mustang dash over a 68 Cougar dash . Why ? first thing : Cost , Mustang dash pad $150 , Cougar $ 300 +. Second thing : Looks ! . The Cougar dash was in terrible condition and needed a redo . I'm hoping to finish painting the other panels in the next couple of weeks . At the moment I'm installing weather stripping and assorted trim pieces around the door/quarter windows . I'm sure glad I picked up an assembly manual . I also have my centre console at the trim shop being covered , he told me that he's busy and it will be ready in approx. 6 weeks ( I guess that's a good sign ) .

Country Flag: United States
      Awesome progress, are those seats original, or are they from an early Mustang?

Quote Originally Posted by jcsexton2 View Post
      Awesome progress, are those seats original, or are they from an early Mustang?
      Thanks, those are the original 68 Cougar seats that were installed at the factory. Probably the same frames as a Mustang would have.

Your cougar is going to a nice, great work!

Hi those appear to be the mini tubbed inner wheel wells. Can you talk more about that area for me? Do you have more pics of it underneath. I'm doing the same thing right now, but I'm not sure how much more to pinch against the frame well. I also have a big gal towards the back of the passenger side outer wheel well to new one

https://youtu.be/A4Jy9doSuCk

I can do better than pictures , here is the Detroit Speed install video . I've watched it a 100 times . The mini tub kit comes with an install DVD . The mini tub kit comes with new frame rails to make room for the new tubs . If you're working with a Cougar , you need to modify the rear section of the tubs .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels 69 View Post
      Your cougar is going to a nice, great work!
      Thanks Michael !

Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      https://youtu.be/A4Jy9doSuCk

I can do better than pictures , here is the Detroit Speed install video . I've watched it a 100 times . The mini tub kit comes with an install DVD . The mini tub kit comes with new frame rails to make room for the new tubs . If you're working with a Cougar , you need to modify the rear section of the tubs .

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Michael !
      Do you have a photo of the mod to the rear section of the wheel tub?
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension
      Coyote w/ D&D Performance Viper t56

Thank you. I didn't buy the Detroit speed kit. I purchased the wide wheel wells from mustangs unlimited only for the 68 cougar. I'm mating the bottom of the well to the frame and spot welding that. What part of the back did you mod? Did you have a big gap towards the back from the stock outer wheel well? That's what I'm dealing with right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shikwann View Post
      Thank you. I didn't buy the Detroit speed kit. I purchased the wide wheel wells from mustangs unlimited only for the 68 cougar. I'm mating the bottom of the well to the frame and spot welding that. What part of the back did you mod? Did you have a big gap towards the back from the stock outer wheel well? That's what I'm dealing with right now.
      Since your tubs were made for a Cougar and not a Mustang you shouldn't have to worry about modifying them .

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad68cat View Post
      Do you have a photo of the mod to the rear section of the wheel tub?
      Sorry I don't have any pictures of the mod to the tubs . You need to modify the back half of the Mustang tub so that it slopes back . As I've said the Mustang tub is completely round and the Cougar piece slopes back on an angle . Buy the DSE kit and compare the two tubs and you'll see what you need to do . It's not a difficult job . As with anything else , just take your time and it will turn out just fine . I used cardboard to make a pattern , then transferred it to 18g when I was happy with the fit . I'd take pictures of the finished product now but they look just like a stock tub and you really can't see the mods after I metal finished them .

Quote Originally Posted by shikwann View Post
      Since your tubs were made for a Cougar and not a Mustang you shouldn't have to worry about modifying them .
      Just FYI. Unfortunately for us cougar car owners, the cougar and mustang wheel wells are not the same hence why you have the gap and langleylad had to modify the DSE tubs he used. I know vendors list some of the mustang parts will work on the cougar but that is not the case. The only sheet metal I am aware of that interchanges between the 2 cars is the firewall forward in the engine compartment and the floor pan. The seat risers are also different between the mustang and cougar with the cougar being lower of the two. The wheels wells you bought from Mustangs Unlimited are for mustangs "only" even though they list them to work on both cougar and mustang. I say "only" because anything can be modified to fit. I was actually looking at purchasing the complete wheelhouse since mine are shot, but was curious what mods need to be done to make mustang wheelhouses fit a cougar.
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension

The modification that I did had nothing to do with the gap . The DSE mini tub kit that I installed comes with new frame rails that replace the Cougar/Mustang rails. The new mini tubs sit right against the rails . The mods to the tubs were to match the shape of the Cougar tubs not to fill a gap between the tub and frame rail . The Cougar tubs are slightly longer (front to back) than the Mustang tubs .

Edit : I just reread your question , I think this may be the gap that you are talking about . The gap behind the tub not between the tub and rail .

The Cougar tubs are slightly longer (front to back) than the Mustang tubs .
      This is the part I was curious about since I didn't have mustang wheel tubs to compare to. Do you recall the difference in length? Was the shape/contour close though? What I mean is if I cut a mustang wheel house in half at the wheel center-line, can I just add metal to the center to account for the increase in length or is most of the increased length rear of the wheel center-line?
      Robert Icasas

Projects:
      67 Cougar
      Art Morrison Sport IFS
      3-link Rear Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by 1bad68cat View Post
      This is the part I was curious about since I didn't have mustang wheel tubs to compare to. Do you recall the difference in length? Was the shape/contour close though? What I mean is if I cut a mustang wheel house in half at the wheel center-line, can I just add metal to the center to account for the increase in length or is most of the increased length rear of the wheel center-line?
      I know what you are talking about but unfortunately that won't work . As the inner half of the tub ( which you are replacing ) has to have the same contour as the outer half . There is not a big difference between the two but there is a difference , it has been a while since I modified these but I'd say it was maybe 2 inches .

Name:  IMG_5736.JPG
Views: 1652
Size:  76.6 KBName:  IMG_5737.JPG
Views: 1640
Size:  69.9 KBName:  IMG_5738.JPG
Views: 1647
Size:  62.5 KB

Here is what he is referring too. There is also space being robbed towards the front of the wheel well where narrows up front away from the frame. See below as well

I'm looking at increasing this more towards the frame to square it up allowing more room.

Name:  IMG_0116_zps46d7fcf2.jpg
Views: 1658
Size:  41.8 KB

Langleylad just curious do you know if that is something that should be looked into widening as well? What size wheel/tire combo are you looking to stuff into yours?

That is a large gap . You also see the difference in contour that I was referring to . The DSE tubs are shaped differently compared to these ones , designed for more clearance . I'm running Michelin 295/35/18 in the rear and they do get close in the front of the wheelwell .

Painting is done ! Considering that I painted it at home in the garage , I'm very happy with the outcome . Is it perfect ? No , but I didn't think it would be . I'm also very happy with how the Shelby tail lights turned out .

Name:  36910322221_c5eebe9a21_z.jpg
Views: 1550
Size:  84.3 KBName:  36863474606_02735f442e_z.jpg
Views: 1567
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  37291931122_9cfc742a91_z.jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  128.6 KBName:  37274329526_f0b05d35dc_z_d.jpg
Views: 1446
Size:  136.1 KB

Here's the center console completed . 05-09 Ford P/U A/C ducts , modified B&M Quicksilver shifter and Vintage Air controls installed .

This thing is turning out to be Lux!

Andrew

1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com