Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast
      I don't know how this thread is just now hitting my radar? But I just went through the entire thing, great build! I love how much the new taillights and panel change the look fro the rear!

Glenn

1955 Chevy BelAir
      1951 Chevy 3100
      1987 Chevy Silverado

My last project....
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...my-72-Maverick!!

I visited my local Pick-a-Part today and scored an 98 Explorer 8.8 with limited slip , 3.73 gears , 31 spline axels and disc brakes for $99 . It took me 2 1/4 hrs to pull it . Started cleaning and cutting off the spring perches and sway bar mounts as soon as I got it home . It was a good day .
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      ...It was a good day .
      Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

below

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Sorry, I couldn't resist...

Andrew

That's funny , I also thought of this tune at the time ! lol

I've been busy in the shop lately , get'n **** done as they say !. I've narrowed the left side axle tube , welded on the DSE 4 link brackets , rebuilt the traction-lok dif ,finished installing the QuadraLink , finished the rear floor section , fabricated trans-cooler mounts and started bending the cooler lines . I thought that the stock style fuel tank wasn't going to work as it would make things tight to fit exhaust . With the DSE QuadraLink suspension there isn't much room when the stock tank is used . This is why DSE offers a custom stainless steel tank , that has all the bells and whistles and sells for $1350 plus $50 for the fuel sending unit . As this is a Cougar and not a Mustang ( as this package was designed for ) there is a extra 3" to work with . So the stock style tank will work just fine . I've ordered a Tanks Inc EFI tank with a Walbro 255 pump and their sending unit for $500 from Summit .

Name:  IMG_0279.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  238.3 KBName:  IMG_0284.jpg
Views: 1474
Size:  141.0 KBName:  IMG_0287.jpg
Views: 1487
Size:  171.9 KB

This makes me happy !

Attachment 153545
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I got more work done this weekend . Even if I just get out in the shop during the week for an hour each night and do something productive , it all adds up . I've got a "to do" list hanging on the wall and it keeps me motivated . Plus it helps keep things in order , there are things that I want to do now but there are things that I have to do first or I'll just end up re-doing things . Today I was finishing the rear section of fuel line , 3/8 stainless . Man , it can drive you crazy doing this ! .

Name:  IMG_0315.jpg
Views: 1260
Size:  295.6 KBName:  IMG_0318.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  185.3 KBName:  IMG_0319.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  171.4 KBName:  IMG_0320.jpg
Views: 1253
Size:  160.9 KBName:  IMG_0321.jpg
Views: 1256
Size:  190.2 KB

It sure feels good after mock up , test fitting and taking parts in and out to finally bolt them in and hope you don't have to take them out any time soon . I used Eastwood trunk paint covered with satin clear and POR15 truck bed coating on the underside .

Country Flag: United States
      Looking fantastic!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Country Flag: Canada
      This build is sweet! Where abouts in BC are you located?
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

Quote Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
      This build is sweet! Where abouts in BC are you located?
      Look at my name ! lol !

Holy crap... well that's just embarrassing haha. I saw the Canadian flag and "BC", then must've just got distracted by all the amazing progress pics!

When do you think you'll have it on the road? Would love to check it out at a meet or cruise or something.
      1972 Nova, forged LQ4 with twin 6466's, T56 Magnum, OEM subframe w/ Speedtech front, Chassisworks gLink rear, Ridetech coils & Wilwoods, with a rear floater in the works --> http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...1972-nova.html

Quote Originally Posted by frojoe View Post
      Holy crap... well that's just embarrassing haha. I saw the Canadian flag and "BC", then must've just got distracted by all the amazing progress pics!

When do you think you'll have it on the road? Would love to check it out at a meet or cruise or something.
      Well thank you for the kind words . It's been close to 8 years in the making so another year wont hurt . Hopefully next summer it will be rolling down the road under it's own power . I still need to purchase wheels and interior . Fingers crossed , it will fire up soon for the first time .

By the way your Nova looks killer , my first car was a 64 Chevy II . So Nova's will always have a place in my heart .

Well thank you for the kind words . It's been close to 8 years in the making so another year wont hurt . Hopefully next summer it will be rolling down the road under it's own power . I still need to purchase wheels and interior . Fingers crossed , it will fire up soon for the first time .

By the way your Nova looks killer , my first car was a 64 Chevy II . So Nova's will always have a place in my heart .
      Thanks! Firing yours up will be a milestone for sure... then banging together the interior and getting it sitting on the ground will seem much less daunting. 8 years is pretty serious but not uncommon... I've had mine for 14 years and it's been off the road for maybe... 6-7 of those years. It's been on the road pretty consistently from 2013 up until Nov 2017, then I took it off the road to twin turbo it... hoping to fire it up within the next month.

Cheers!
      Joe

Damn stoked to have found this! Killer work. Subscribed!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

Thanks man !

Today I installed the rear brakes / parking brakes . I went with a stock upgrade to Power Stop brakes . With the Explorer 8.8 there isn't much to choose from when it comes to upgrades . I could have changed out the axle ends to a 9" style but that would mean new axles etc ... . This set up should work just fine .....

Name:  IMG_0331.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  155.7 KB

Finally received my order from DSE and proceeded to cut out the rear floor section . I've got to work slowly as this kit was designed for Mustangs not Cougars . Cougar rear springs are 6 inches longer than Mustangs . The DSE kit is based off of the front rear leaf spring attachment point , so I figure if I move this point in the Cougar rearward 3 inches I should be good to go . So good so far . If I make a mistake the axle won't be centred in the wheelwell .
      I'm following your build with great interest, I'm actually at the very beginning stages of a very similar build. I just picked up a solid, blank slate, 68 Cougar and I'm planning on putting a full DSE suspension under it. I'm very interested in what mods you had to make to the Quadralink to get it in. I had been thinking I would extend the links to center the axle, but it sounds like you did something different, any more info or pics on what you did?

Quote Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
      I'm following your build with great interest, I'm actually at the very beginning stages of a very similar build. I just picked up a solid, blank slate, 68 Cougar and I'm planning on putting a full DSE suspension under it. I'm very interested in what mods you had to make to the Quadralink to get it in. I had been thinking I would extend the links to center the axle, but it sounds like you did something different, any more info or pics on what you did?
      I wouldn't modify the link bars , they're a quality piece . As I said , you just need to drill a new hole 3" back from the original front leaf spring bolt hole , lengthen the torque box , and fabricate/modify the upper frame link attachment boxes . DSE supplies a template for positioning the upper mounts . You don't need to be a professional fabricator to do this . If you don't want to go this route and would rather go with longer links then I'd contact DSE and see if they could build you longer links . They have a special swivel link on one end . I hope this info helps you .

I wouldn't modify the link bars , they're a quality piece . As I said , you just need to drill a new hole 3" back from the original front leaf spring bolt hole , lengthen the torque box , and fabricate/modify the upper frame link attachment boxes . DSE supplies a template for positioning the upper mounts . You don't need to be a professional fabricator to do this . If you don't want to go this route and would rather go with longer links then I'd contact DSE and see if they could build you longer links . They have a special swivel link on one end . I hope this info helps you .
      Yeah, I wasn't thinking of lengthening them myself, I figured I'd talk to DSE about it, or get my shop to build me longer ones. I'll have to take a look to see which route works best, I'm not sure I had the right picture in my head for what mods you did I'm still a several months out from actually starting anything anyway.

Thanks

OK, watching the install video again, I think I see what you mean, your way probably is easier

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 22 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com