Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      There's still room for a cup holder in front of the shifter! Love this build!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Incredible build. Love the color,too.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDFLM View Post
      There's still room for a cup holder in front of the shifter! Love this build!
      Thanks man , I actually bought a couple of stainless cup holders but they're just too big . I think I'll look online for a couple more but smaller .

Quote Originally Posted by USAZR1 View Post
      Incredible build. Love the color,too.
      Thanks , you're too kind . I love the color as well . I still have to color sand and polish , then as some fool on TV says "it'll shine like a diamond in a goats ass " !

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      This thing is turning out to be Lux!

Andrew
      lol , I don't know about that . Thanks Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by langleylad View Post
      lol , I don't know about that . Thanks Andrew
      It's pretty LUX compared to my original interior and 2/75 AC system!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

It's been kinda cool out in the shop lately to do any thing constructive but I did manage to order the rear suspension from Summit Racing . I went with the Detroit Speed Quadralink kit . It's built for 66-70 Mustangs but with some slight mods it'll work with my Cougar . I love working with quality parts .

Looks like I've got to wait a month and a half for delivery on the rear suspension . In the mean time I can install the headliner , continue on the wiring , figure out how I'm going to run the rear section of the fuel lines , etc ...

Glad to hear you're still making progress!

Country Flag: Canada
      Wow love this build langleylad. I'm in the Langley area too, actually Cloverdale, and would love to see what you've done in person one day. I'm on my 4th Cougar project as I just picked up a nice 68 with plans to slowly do what you are doing after a hiatus of a few years. Think I will eventually go with a Coyote swap as I loved that motor after having a Brown Bros. built modified 2011 Mustang GT convertible for a few years.

Name:  IMG_0222.jpg
Views: 1729
Size:  182.7 KBName:  IMG_0210.jpg
Views: 1738
Size:  212.5 KBName:  IMG_0239.jpg
Views: 1725
Size:  238.5 KBName:  IMG_0241.jpg
Views: 1767
Size:  214.6 KB

Finally received my order from DSE and proceeded to cut out the rear floor section . I've got to work slowly as this kit was designed for Mustangs not Cougars . Cougar rear springs are 6 inches longer than Mustangs . The DSE kit is based off of the front rear leaf spring attachment point , so I figure if I move this point in the Cougar rearward 3 inches I should be good to go . So good so far . If I make a mistake the axle won't be centred in the wheelwell . I've also installed a complete Vintage Air A/C set up including their Frontrunner kit . As well as a Be-Cool LS swap rad and Dual Spal fans .Sorry for the sideways photos . I don't have the patience to figure out how to fix it .

I would love to run a pwm controller for the fans. These fans can draw up to 100 amps and I haven’t found a controller that can handle 100 amps. Since I’m running a Dominator ECM , I could run dual GM C6 PWMs and stage them . By the time I buy two controllers and two plugs I’ll have close to $500 in them , kinda $$$$ . The Derale piece can’t handle 100 amps ,. Any ideas?.

I would love to run a pwm controller for the fans. These fans can draw up to 100 amps and I haven’t found a controller that can handle 100 amps. Since I’m running a Dominator ECM , I could run dual GM C6 PWMs and stage them . By the time I buy two controllers and two plugs I’ll have close to $500 in them , kinda $$$$ . The Derale piece can’t handle 100 amps ,. Any ideas?.
      Use different fans? lol...Most fans I've seen seem to be in the 25-35A range (ea) 100A seems like a LOT.
      Good luck!

Jay

Junk yard. 2008ish Ford Fusion controllers. Same as C6. Should run you about $25USD.

I wouldn't stage them. Just keep it simple and run them together. You'll be able to control the airflow by fan speed. You can score the connectors with the controller. Just buy new terminals from Mouser.

You can split a single PWM- output into two controllers.
      Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I think you're confusing inrush current with continuous current. Both fans probably do draw around 100A inrush current but the continuous current is probably closer to 20A each. Any good pwm fan controller should be able to handle the inrush current and continuous current as long as the controller meets the continuous current requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzer454 View Post
      I think you're confusing inrush current with continuous current. Both fans probably do draw around 100A inrush current but the continuous current is probably closer to 20A each. Any good pwm fan controller should be able to handle the inrush current and continuous current as long as the controller meets the continuous current requirements.
      Thanks for your reply . I understand that the 100 amps would be inrush . These fans draw approx. 33 amps each continuous .

Junk yard. 2008ish Ford Fusion controllers. Same as C6. Should run you about $25USD.

I wouldn't stage them. Just keep it simple and run them together. You'll be able to control the airflow by fan speed. You can score the connectors with the controller. Just buy new terminals from Mouser.

You can split a single pwm- output into two controllers.
      Andrew
      Thanks for the info Andrew .

Thirty three amps is about what a C6 fan draws. It's 400 watts. Two controllers should work great.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Thirty three amps is about what a C6 fan draws. It's 400 watts. Two controllers should work great.

Andrew
      Thanks again , glad you're here Andrew

Two steps forward , three steps back . One of the problems with working on a tight budget is that you can't buy all your parts at once . Years ago I was able to purchase some of my DSE parts but not everything at once . I purchased the mini tub kit , subframe connectors and two pairs of rear torque boxes . Two pairs to make one pair , the boxes needed to be lengthened to work with the Cougar . So with the modification done and installed along with the connectors and tubs everything looked great . Last forward a couple of years and the purchase of the DSE QuadraLink complete , the last piece of the puzzle . DSE has redesigned the rear torque boxes , much stronger I might add . So today I spent a couple of hours cutting out the old style boxes ( only one side ), damn I did a good job installing the old ones .

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com