Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

Eastern Canadian, The joys of a seasonal car.

Hello everybody. Ive been a member of the group for a while but this is my first post. I have a 1979 Monte Carlo that I've been working on the past 4 years. I use it as a daily driver in the summer and have been upgrading it over the winters.
      So far Ive upgraded from a 305 to a 350 in front of the stock turbo 350 trans. Put some Hotchkiss sway bars, and 1" lowering springs on 2" drop spindles, UMI tubular control arms (front and rear), cheap aero race rims wrapped with Mickey T's Street tire, and a set of dual cherry bombs. I also have 3.73 rear gears with a mini spool but am currently running 2.73s for the highway milage. I bought the car in Alberta and have driven it from the British Columbia to PEI. Its a shark on the road and with a few more upgrades will be ready for some Races. Brakes are needed first.
      This car is in good shape but the 36 years of wear on it causes me some headaches, mostly with bad wire connections. But besides that its my baby and I love it. I also painted er with a roller when I bought it.
      Attached Images Attached Images      

Country Flag: Canada
      I'm all for this type of car , everyone starts with something , many good products available for g body cars, as well it takes guts to paint your personal car with a roller and brush ! Some people may frown on it , but not me , here is a guy proud enough to say he painted it himself ! As for bang for the buck u win , I really enjoy reading about all car builds , but this reminds of my first car , it was nothing special but it was MINE !

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com