Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

Georgia Autocross

I know this isn't the correct forum and I will move it in a couple days. Geoff Potter is putting an autocross together in Wrens,Ga on Dec.6. It will be at the local airport there. He needs some commitment from those close that want to come out and play. Cost will be minimal and cheaper the more that commit. Post here or on the facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/293387547534912/

Bill

Trailers are for BOATS!

This is the location I'm looking at to do the event.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Wr...7dd4afe1057495

It'll be a low key event concentrating on FUN. I've already got some interest for local sponsorship so if everything comes together and we get enough interest, the cost will be very reasonable. More info to follow!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

I'll be there.
      Gotta try to get the embarassing dent out of the tail panel of the Camaro.
      Jeff Tate
      U.S.A.
      "The best thing about participating in these events is that you get to hang out with a group of intelligent like minded people who live to achieve things in their lives. You won't find a lazy, mean, or dumb bone in their bodies." Bret Voelkel, RideTech

Sorry to be a newbie, but do you need to be licensed by SCCA or another entity to participate?
      67 Ford Galaxie
      5.0 coyote engine, 2650 supercharger, T56 magnum, 9" truetrac
      68 Camaro RS vert
      LS3/T56 magnum, 9 inch, Ridetech F/R, Baer brakes
      74 BMW 2002 Tii

^nope just bring a helmet and the entry fee. if my schedule works out i'll be there. -Johnny c

No sir - just a helmet and a car that passes tech. No loose items in the car, battery bolted down, 3 point seat belts or at least lap belt, etc. Questions? Please ask! I have a meeting with the appropriate officials from the city administration on Friday to secure the location. Pray everything goes well!! We already have enough participant interest to make it happen so securing the facility is the final big hurdle. More info on Friday.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

May the AX Gods be upon you......Best of luck!
      David H. Amrine
      (USMC Retired)

Boys drive fast on the street. But MEN prove how fast they are at the Track.

I should be in if they let me run the vert with no roll cage and a lap belt. Stock suspension and tires should make for a good starting point! Its very close to me.
      67 Ford Galaxie
      5.0 coyote engine, 2650 supercharger, T56 magnum, 9" truetrac
      68 Camaro RS vert
      LS3/T56 magnum, 9 inch, Ridetech F/R, Baer brakes
      74 BMW 2002 Tii

I hope I can make this Geoff.

Me too Brent!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

for any new guys that don't have one we rent helmets. 35 bucks we'll loan a Bell helmet out for a week.
      1 800-934-9112

Update - I met with the Mayor and one of the city council members today and it went quite well. So well in fact that I am on the agenda for tomorrow night's city council meeting to present my proposal to the entire council. If all goes well we should have approval to move forward!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Update - The Council Meeting went very well and it resulted in a unanimous approval for the event. The last road block is FAA approval to use the airport...now to trudge through the bureaucracy. Anybody have any tips on dealing with the FAA???
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Tomorrow is the big day. I will either find out that the FAA paperwork is just a formality and will proceed with starting registration or I'll be rescheduling the autocross for a day sometime in March/April that hopefully does not conflict with any other events. Hopefully GOOD news tomorrow!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Registration is OPEN:

Cost is $50 plus a $10 or greater value boxed new toy OR $60. Collected toys will be handed over to the North Jefferson County Georgia Ministerial Association to be distributed throughout Jefferson County.

So how do you register? Send your registration fee to my paypal address: [email protected]. Please send it as a regular "Send funds." Be sure to include your name, address, and the vehicle you are participating with in the memo box.

You are not registered until you have paid!

Sorry, NO refunds will be issued unless the FAA does not approve the event. We will run rain or shine. Run what you brung and come ready to have a great time!
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Georgia Autocross

Where did you go for course lay out help?

The master himself, Bill Howell.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Georgia Autocross

I am in the works on trying to host one in my hometown. Already have the blessing from the airport. But might need some help on layout!!

Make sure you start the FAA paperwork ASAP even if you have the airport's blessing. PM me if you need more info.
      GeoffP
      68 Camaro - LS1/T-56

Georgia Autocross

Will do. I was told by the airport board that said that all they would have to do is to notify the FAA that it will be closed that day. The airport is owned by the county and is in a town of about 30k but close to larger towns. He told me I did not have to deal with the FAA. So maybe the board is taking care of that part. Planning on a real informal fun auto x. Am looking into insurance for the event but the city counsel who is fired up about having it said they would check to see if it fell under there policy like a community event . Thanks for the help and I will for sure be in touch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com