Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Canada

LS intakes adapted to wenzler olds heads...

Hello everyone...new here, just wondering if anyone has done this, adapting an ls intake to wenzlers olds heads, as the ports are very similar, I was planning to use the spacer that comes with the wenzler heads as a flange then fab up some long tube runners much like dodge super stock 413's, then instead of down draft carbs I was going to use weber side drafts, however I think that the LS9 blower would fit under my hood ,67 Toronado, if any one knows if some one has put ls intake on wenzlers heads would appreciate any thoughts or photos, some info on the build, I,m planning on AWD utilizing GM parts, 7 speed manual with denali tranfer case, and custom IRS with vette spindles, 321 IRS is a shop down in FLA, that has inspired Me, also has anyone used GM Delphi Quadra-steer ? I,m suprised that it has not been done...the cpu or brain or whatever you wanna call it is a stand alone deal, taking input from just a few sensors, if I use a Dana 60 has the centre section then the Q-steer will bolt up...any thoughts on any of this will be most apreciated, I,m recovering from a divorce and just sent My second kid to University so has this build slowly gets going I will sure to post it on here, I,m new to the online world when I went to high school they still had dial phones , with the help of My 10yr old son I,m learning to use this laptop....Damn wish I had access to all this yrs ago , just imagine...What I would eventually like to do to My Toro is to replicate the entire car in carbon fibre, including the body shell, the weight savings would be amazing, I found a site that sell all you need to do it yourself, with DIY vids, Sorry folks I,m running on now so I,ll leave it at that...

Country Flag: United States
      This is the first I've heard of this so did a seach on the best Olds specific website I know of and did find this post : http://realoldspower.prophpbb.com/to...l?hilit=rocket manifold

I have been looking at going fuel injected and have Wenzler (really Rocket Racing Performance cast by Wenzler) heads so I send Rocket Racing an inquery to see if they've ever heard of it.

As for the rest of it, sorry I can't help but sounds like a hell of a project.
      81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

Country Flag: United States
      I got a response back from Rocket Racing Performance, they say the port spacing does look like it could be done but they haven't heard of anyone doing it yet. I am seriously considering this as an option, it's $1,500 to modify an intake add a throttle body and injectors vs. $500 for a fully loaded used LS3 manifold...

81 Regal, impersonating a Grand National with a 488 Olds
      Build thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ith-a-488-Olds

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com