Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Gauge Cluster Ideas for 68 Camaro

Looking for some ideas on a gauges for my 68 Camaro. Not interested in Dakota style, as they look too modern for my taste.

I feel race themed gauges are timeless...but are they? Are race style gauges yesterday's look, like billet was to the 90's?

I've come across 2 mounting styles, Covan's and the OEM Direct fit. Trying not to go with a console, but would be open to seeing some ideas.

Looking for the standard 6 gauges, Speedo, tach, Volt, Fuel, Temp.

Appreciate the help guys.

Have you looked at New Vintage USA? I have their 1969 series gauges (they have 1967 and 1968 as well, but I liked the 69 the best, even though I have a 67). Mint green lighting, etc. I can't tell you how well they work or if I like them because my build is not that far along.
      Steve

I looked into New Vintage USA and the layouts are better but not a fan of perimeter illumination.

I just used my original housing and put in the Autometer tach and speedometer. The oil pressure, voltmeter, water temp and fuel gauge I put into the console. I like the way it looks.

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Speedhut gauges are customizable and are also backlit. I was very impressed with how mine turned out
      Scott
      '66 Chevelle

I used Autometer Ultralite IIs gauges with a covans panel before I put in the dakota digital VHX ones. I really like them compared to the old ultralite series that were in there before. The new II series auto meters had backlit LED compared to the old perimeter style lighting. I liked them a lot! Here are a couple of pics of them.
      Attached Images Attached Images    
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Speedhut gauges are customizable up to a certain degree. I inquired about using their dual gauge, but they only come in a GPS model, which I'm not a huge proponent of.

Curious, why go away from the Covan's gauge cluster and go to VHX?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com