Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Ford 9" floater rear axle, need caliper brackets for 12.19" rotors

I've got a 9" floater kit from Speedway. I upgraded the standard 11.75" rotors to 12.19" rotors and I have some GM III calipers to stop them. The problem is, I can't find anyone who makes brackets for anything but 11.75" rotors. Anybody know of a company that makes brackets for these larger rotors? Or can anyone point me in the direction of a shop with a waterjet that could cut some for me? I'm in So Cal but these brackets would be easy enough to ship. My plan was to make them myself but I'm quickly realizing that working 1/4" steel with a jigsaw and hand drill may not produce the greatest brackets, particularly with me at the controls! Thanks guys.

Country Flag: United States
      Try emachineshop.com You download/install the free software, design the part, request a quote, order the part, it arrives at your door. I used them to make my caliper brackets.

I would recommend making your bracket out of 3/8" material.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Excellent, thanks!

Country Flag: United States

Ford 9" floater rear axle, need caliper brackets for 12.19" rotors

1/4" is fine, for extra support you can add a gusset or two, or just go the 3/8 route. We do all our brackets out of 1/4, have been since 2005.
      We have Wilwood 5.25" spacing lug mount brackets for 13" rotors that can be sanded down to work with 12.19- but not sure about the GM III calipers!

-Dale

SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com