New orange paint
      New 17' wheels
      5.3 ls motor with ls6 intake and sanderson headers
      Borg warner super t10 4 speed
      Cpp mini subframe kit
      New black stock interior
      No rust
      4 wheel drum.

What would you guys pay? Its hugest drawback is being a 4 door....I personally don't care but I know others to and that it will hurt its value . I will try and post a pic as well. Thanks for your time, Erik.
      I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

Country Flag: United States
      Need pictures and more info?? New paint?? Was it a full resto top to bottom or just a new paint job? Unfortunately its only worth what you are willing to pay for it. If you plan to keep for a long time and you like it, then who cares what the resale will be. What are they asking for the car? Add up the cost of the parts, labor, and how much is a 4 door Chevy II worth??

Lots of factors to think about before someone on the net can give you a whats it worth anwser??
      Rick

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 122
Size:  163.1 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  98.3 KB

Paint job is 3 weeks old, taken down to bare metal. The interior was redone at that point and is completely stock with good dash, new carpet, headliner, dynamat under both. Good seats and a stock steering wheel. This guy approached me about trading for my 1962 Chevy II coupe with a 283. So i'm trying to figure out if this is a good trade or not. He doesn't have an ad online for it so I dont know how much he thinks its worth either. Just trying to get some support on if this is a good trade or not. I'd be interested in his car, just want to make sure im not trading down, thanks for your input.

Ok so heres a few thughts from my perspective, take it for what you want! Lol

The car it self, there are a few listed on the net. Some are junk but a few look nice. Price seems to be in the $3-5K range, with a couple of WAY more. So ad in the new paint and other things and lets say its worth $6K.

Now ad up the other things:
      5.3 $1K for a nice low miler
      Front suspension $1200
      Interior $1500
      Mis stuff $1K

So just quick adding lets call it $11K? Is yours worth $11K if you tried to sell today? Now here's the other thing to ask, CAN you SELL the 4 dorr for $11K?? Thats the big question, I would say you have to take a 25-30% discount on the 4 doors compared to a 2 door so now your down to $8250 at 25% dis?

Now again can you sell the 4 door if you wanted to or worse if you HAD to for $8K? Most likely not very quickly would be my guess as they are just not as desirable as a 2 door which is why he wants to trade you in the first place??

Hope this helps in your decision.

Oh and lets see what you would be trading back to him?
      Rick

1962 Chevy II

I have my car in the for sale section on here if you guys want to see, i'm struggling to even get 8.5k for mine...which is what I have in it haha.
      I always tell others to take the high road, that way there's more room for me on the low road

Erik Peterson
      1986 Monte Carlo SS Build Thread: https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...6-Nascarlo-2-0

Cool Nova, but I think you are answering your own question?? Also as stated you don't keep your cars very long, you will most likely have trouble selling the 4 door. Car for car I would says its an even trade if you take the resale out of it??
      Rick

1962 Chevy II

Thanks for your help rick, I think I just got excited because its got an ls motor, what I've wanted to do with mine haha. But if I cant get even 8.5k for my 2 door in good condition..I don't think a four door would do any better. Probably the same as mine would do now. So i'm leaning more towards not trading now, mainly because I would want to get something else and have trouble selling it lol..

Erik Peterson

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com