Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

AAW fuse panel problems?

Has anyone had any issues with their American autowire fuse blocks losing power? Some of the accessories circuits have lost all power for some reason. One of which fed my fuel pump leaving me stranded this weekend. I did some troubleshooting but can't seem to figure out why some of the circuits still have power but others don't. Any help is appreciated
      Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

You check your connections and grounds? Made sure there isnt any shorts or open circuits?

Figured out it was a burned up ignition switch. Changed up some wiring to make less draw through the switch itself.
      Brian
      -1972 Nova
      -1968 Camaro
      -1990 Iroc Camaro

Are you running a relay with the fuel pump or are you using their fuel pump wire. If you are they tell me it is just an Igniter wire for the relay[why they use such big wire is beyond me]

How big is their (AAW) fuel pump wire? I can't believe they'd have it hot through the ignition circuit....?!? I'm in the middle of a complete re-wire on a customers 69 Firebird and I'm using a late model waterproof integrated relay/fuse panel under the dash and essentially building a stand alone harness for things like the electric fuel pump, line lock solenoid, MSD ignition, 3-speed electric fan harness, headlights, nitrous/fuel solenoids, etc.
      The problem with the majority of aftermarket harnesses is that they basically can only provide a mildly modified stock harness since they have no way of giving you absolutely everything you will need. I have guys that come to me with what amounts to a complete gut job and say, hey what harnesses do I need to order for you to fix it all? I usually say well, nothing-I'm building it all to suit your exact needs so no need to order one, especially where a lot of custom circuits are required a express down windows, auto-on/delay headlights, etc. stuff like that. I usually opt for AAW under dash cluster harnesses and that's it-everything I build in house with my inventory of supplies.

I'd suggest studying the factory diagrams completely to gauge how/why AAW or anybody else designed it the way they did and realize a lot of specific connectors are either obsolete or no molds exist from which to make them so compromises must be made.
      "...if at first you don't succeed, try again.
      If you still don't succeed, then quit-no sense being a damn fool about it..."
      -W.C. Fields

HARNESSWORX
      (formerly gmachinz)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com