Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

2002 Corvette Z06

Just curious if the engine/tranny combo from a 2002 Corvette Z06 is worth investing in (70,000miles / all stock). What would I need to do to it to obtain over 500hp to the wheel? Looking to start the process of collecting to eventually go the LS route (possibly). I don't think the harness/ecu is good, vehicle had interior fire but all the mechanical is good.

Quote Originally Posted by obengston View Post
      Just curious if the engine/tranny combo from a 2002 Corvette Z06 is worth investing in (70,000miles / all stock). What would I need to do to it to obtain over 500hp to the wheel? Looking to start the process of collecting to eventually go the LS route (possibly). I don't think the harness/ecu is good, vehicle had interior fire but all the mechanical is good.
      Corvette used a rear mounted transaxle, so they are not really suited to being transplanted into older vehicles. The engine is good, Gen III, 395 or 405 HP, I forget which years were which. Good heads, but you probably won't achieve 500RWHP and still maintain decent street manners. LS3s with a cam swap are hard to beat but still won't get you to 500RWHP without a big cam and possibly ported heads.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

The trans would require a fair amount of work to convert it over from a trans axle configuration, it can be done but unless you can do it yourself it's probably not worth the money and effort. To make 500 rwhp from an LS6 it's going to need more cubes (stroked), an aggressive cam, and some very good flowing heads or a power adder.

Sounds good, thats kinda what I figured, so I want go that route with this one. Thanks Guys

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com