Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

fifth gen seats in a first gen

Hi, posted this on lateral g with no response yet and thought I would try here as well. Has anyone here done this swap and how difficult? Also, were you able to use the back seat as well? I did a search and saw one set swapped that looked good in the pics anyway. Just curious as it seems they are reasonable priced and if there is a reason its not more common. Thanks!

What about with a fifth gen console too?

Country Flag: United States
      Several guys have done the console swap with good results. A quick search on here with track down the results.

fifth gen seats in a first gen

Yes the fifth gen console swap is well documented but what about fifth gen console and front seats?

I have done the fifth gen console swap. if you have any install questions, let me know. Check out this thread, maybe he can give you some insight about the seats. Looks like he used the front and rear from the 5th gen http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275010
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Does anyone know anyone in Texas with the skill to put in a 5th gen. Interior into a 1st gen?

I am also getting ready to install 5th gen seats in my first gen. I've got the electrical seats and wondered if anyone had worked out the electrical connections yet, or has a wiring diagram? Here's a couple of pics of the connector.

1969 Camaro - LSA motor, 6L90 transmission, TCI front subframe, TCI torque arm rear suspension, Ford 9" rearend

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com