Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Welding Mask - Safety

I used this Miller welding mask and found it pretty comfortable. Was welding my mini tubs that were coated with weld-through primer.Man that crap is nasty and is brutal to weld through…..I will not use it on the other tub, not worth the grief and both the seams (tub to tub and tub to flange) can be sealed 95% with seam sealer, I think cleaner welds are more critical than the small benefit of the primer between the flanges and the tubs if you made an effort to seal those seams. Would be interested in that debate though. That all said this mask kept out all noticeable fumes, I couldn’t smell a thing.My Miller helmet closed every bit of 90% and didn't really bother me while welding.Miller should make a helmet that fits this mask 100%, seems like that helmet would be right next to this mask on the shelf at the welding supply house!!Overall though, 2 thumbs up!! Thought you might enjoy.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

I use the same mask and love it to.
      Ahmad B.

Yep I use that mask as well. A lot of the old frame pieces on the old Camaros are zinc coated. I bought the mask so I wouldn't be breathing all sorts of zinc dust. The zinc really flashes and fumes when you are welding which made it hard for me to get good quality welds. I also use if for grinding and cutting. Saw somewhere on one of these boards where the little cutoff discs put lots of small fibers in the air when you cut with them. I especially use it for that as well - great product.

I've been using a 3M 6000 series half mask respirator with the 2091 P100 filters. Its nice because you smell nothing from grinding or welding and they are made for use with lead and asbestos.

I just ordered a 3M 7000 series mask supposedly a better mask

1967 Firebird "Poor-Boy Build"
      New updated thread
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...bird-(Updates)
      Follow me on Instagram @NaturalLivingMan

When I saw the title I though it was about Miller's new welding mask/goggle combo. I guess this is a new product, but I don't think there's a respirator built in. That's is something I would like, a goggle/respirator combination.

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/...uto-darkening/

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com