Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: UK

trans am buick headers help please

hello all. I have a 79 trans am fitted with a buick 455 can anyone help by telling me which long tube headers will fit. I have shorty ones at the moment which I had to dent a little to clear the steering shaft. I have eddy heads which are more square than the standard heads which bring the headers out and up. hope this makes sense. cheers kev

Country Flag: United States
      I have been a Buick guy for a long time, and have never seen a header for a Buick 455 installed in a Trans Am. The only vendor I know of that sells Buick headers is T A Performance in Scottsdale, AZ. If your current shortys were bought and not custom made, this is where they likely came from. I had their shortys on my 72 Buick Gran Sport, which is an intended application for them. But, I still had to dimple one tube for steering shaft clearance. I would venture that the shortys you have now are your best option, short of having a custom set of headers made.
      Jeff Peoples

I wish I still had my Tempest so I could compare an A body frame to a 2nd gen sub. I know there are Chevy headers that fit 2nd gens and A bodies, so I would bet there's an A body Buick header that would fit 2nd gen F bodies.

Traven

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com