Demon 750 dual feed double pumper

MSD electronic distributor

Chevy aluminum high-rise intake manifold

Ceramic full length headers

Roller hot cam

1.6 Roller rockers

2 ½ inch aluminized exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers

Zoop Serpentine belt set up with billet accessories

I wanted an LS3 but the previous owner have done a very great work, 400 HP and very good running and looking
      Now I'm undecided about what to do, keep the LT1 stroked and maybe supercharge it or put an LS3 ?
      The LT1 is much heavier respect an LS3 ?

Country Flag: United States
      A 355 has a stock stroke, but larger pistons so technically it isnt a stroker. They can make nice power and if it is already swapped into the car then you might come out better building the ls1. If you are starting from scratch, I would go LS. The lt1 technology is over twenty years old and the block architecture is over 50 years old. Even the early gen 3 ls engines are getting close to twenty years old now.
      Stephen

Country Flag: United States
      I had that previous setup (except mine was EFI) in my car before swapping to an LS3. It was a great running setup for me at the time (had it in for almost 10 years). The only reason I swapped was that I wanted more power and to swap from an auto to T56. It depends on what your goals/needs are for the car. Is the car just a cruiser or will it see track time? For a cruiser/minimal track time car, I would stay with that and maybe build another motor on the side if you want something with more power. The LTs are good motors but the aftermarket is much better for LS stuff. I would imagine prices for LS stuff will come a bit now with the new LT series coming out.
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Country Flag: Italy
      Quote Originally Posted by 130fe View Post
      I had that previous setup (except mine was EFI) in my car before swapping to an LS3. It was a great running setup for me at the time (had it in for almost 10 years). The only reason I swapped was that I wanted more power and to swap from an auto to T56. It depends on what your goals/needs are for the car. Is the car just a cruiser or will it see track time? For a cruiser/minimal track time car, I would stay with that and maybe build another motor on the side if you want something with more power. The LTs are good motors but the aftermarket is much better for LS stuff. I would imagine prices for LS stuff will come a bit now with the new LT series coming out.

My car already features a six speed T56 manual transmission and I will add many other performance stuff like suspensions, roll cage, lighter parts ecc... the car is intended to go fast and handle better but on the streets, here in Italy we have slalom-style streets....
      So I think that to supercharge the LT1 is the better solution at the moment, I have seen very affordable Weiand superchargers or crazy Banks Power twin turbos for LT motors.

I'm very interested in this one:
      http://www.jegs.com/p/Banks/Banks-Tw...rPage=60&pno=1

The problem for me is the weight, the LT motors are much more heavier than LS motors ?
      And about the fuel economy ?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com