Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Dalpilot View Post
      Who's headers are those?

They are Doug's Coyote swap headers. They were designed based on the TCI front IFS. I have the Rod & Customs front IFS, and thesea were definitely a challenge to make the fitment perfect. I had to modify the driver side header and shave the clutch fork.

For me to use the 127mm JLT cold air intake that's made for the GT500"s, I had to use the smallest filter that K&N makes!

Name:  20161020_203150_resized.jpg
Views: 2031
Size:  282.6 KB

Country Flag: Canada
      Will the air filter impede performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Mc Mahon View Post
      Will the air filter impede performance?
      No, It should be fine according to K&N. They did state that I may have to clean it more often (depending on drive time) versus the larger one that comes with the JLT kit. Below is a pic of the mock up plumbing that I did using a stock GT500 intake and a JLT pipe for 99-04 Mustangs. It would've worked that way, but I was afraid of all the hot air that's being pulled out of the radiator by the fan getting sucked right into the intake.

Name:  20161016_170741_resized.jpg
Views: 2088
Size:  373.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by migg400 View Post
      No, It should be fine according to K&N. They did state that I may have to clean it more often (depending on drive time) versus the larger one that comes with the JLT kit. Below is a pic of the mock up plumbing that I did using a stock GT500 intake and a JLT pipe for 99-04 Mustangs. It would've worked that way, but I was afraid of all the hot air that's being pulled out of the radiator by the fan getting sucked right into the intake.
      I subscribed earlier, just want to thank you for your posts and sharing so much good info. I'm using the same IFS in my AMX, and a 4.6L motor. My oil filter points to the side and concerned me, and I think you provided a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by railroad bob View Post
      I subscribed earlier, just want to thank you for your posts and sharing so much good info. I'm using the same IFS in my AMX, and a 4.6L motor. My oil filter points to the side and concerned me, and I think you provided a solution.
      Glad that my build can provide useful info and tips to fellow builders. I will be posting a few more progress pics soon, just haven't had the time.
      Much appreciated!

I just bought a 2012 f-150 coyote. I have a 2.3L tvs blower, I was wondering how you were able to mount your blower? And also if you are using the ford performance control pack? Amd running a seperate control pack for the blower? Maybe that's a dumb question but I heard that that had to be done. Anyway, I love your build. Thanks so much for posting!

Andrewb70 - Thanks for the tips. I actually have the Aeromotive 340 Stealth Tank which I'm hoping will survive for a while but I will keep your recommendations in mind.

Peter - It's a truck engine out of a 2012 F150. Not using it due to clearance issues. I know the truck that it came out of which only had just under 5k miles on it and I got it for a good deal plus the factory oil cooler. The compression is 10.5:1 vs 11:1 of the Mustang.

Thanks for the feedback guys!!
      How much did you pay for this truck motor if you don't mind me asking and where did you get it? I have a 69 cougar that I'm looking into doing this swap for. Love the build too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thatorange67 View Post
      I just bought a 2012 f-150 coyote. I have a 2.3L tvs blower, I was wondering how you were able to mount your blower? And also if you are using the ford performance control pack? Amd running a seperate control pack for the blower? Maybe that's a dumb question but I heard that that had to be done. Anyway, I love your build. Thanks so much for posting!
      Do you have the entire blower kit which includes the blower itself (head unit) and the Lower intake manifold? If you only have the head unit, you can contact Roush Performance parts dept or VMP performance and they will sell you the Lower intake manifold for the blower (head unit). FYI- The TVS and Whipple (my blower) uses the same Lower manifold. As far as the Control Pack, you can use it. No need for a separate control pack, just additional wiring for the TB, and Lower manifold temp sensor (you will need to split the wiring signal from the inlet temp sensor back to the ecu. VMP sells the additional wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaels 69 View Post
      How much did you pay for this truck motor if you don't mind me asking and where did you get it? I have a 69 cougar that I'm looking into doing this swap for. Love the build too!!!!
      The engine is actually out of 2013 ( I need to edit the post). I purchased it from an engine recycle company in Detroit and had it shipped. It's been a few years, but if I remember correctly I believe I paid somewhere around 3k with the shipping? I'd have to find the receipt to be sure.

Gauge Cluster

I finally had time to get some WORK DONE! I finished building and installing my gauge cluster. I mixed and matched just to be different!
      Name:  20170801_200040.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  185.3 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Subframe Connectors & Driveshaft loop

I went with the "Weld-in" Tin Man Fabrication subframe connectors. Good design and well made.
      Name:  20170916_105324.jpg
Views: 1521
Size:  194.8 KB

Name:  20170707_223229.jpg
Views: 1468
Size:  156.2 KB

Next is to coat the interior, trunk area, and undercarriage.

The engine is actually out of 2013 ( I need to edit the post). I purchased it from an engine recycle company in Detroit and had it shipped. It's been a few years, but if I remember correctly I believe I paid somewhere around 3k with the shipping? I'd have to find the receipt to be sure.
      Thank you!!

Your doing an excellent job, it looks great.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Your doing an excellent job, it looks great.
      Much Appreciated!!!

Centerforce - Thanks much appreciated.....

And Yes, I am running a Dual Friction Centerforce Clutch!!!
      Let us know if you have any questions about it when the time comes! Keep up the good work-your engines looking great!

Quote Originally Posted by Centerforce View Post
      Let us know if you have any questions about it when the time comes! Keep up the good work-your engines looking great!
      Actually I do have one question:

What is the "Break in" cycle for a new Dual Friction Clutch? Does it depend on mileage or the number of clutch fork engage/disengage cycles?
      Thanks....

Actually I do have one question:

What is the "Break in" cycle for a new Dual Friction Clutch? Does it depend on mileage or the number of clutch fork engage/disengage cycles?
      Thanks....
      Personally, if the disk material is organic, there is no need for break in. If you want to err on the safe side, my take is that it is abut heat cycles, so any mileage recommendation is based on city driving, where you would naturally use the clutch more.

You don't see new cars with a clutch break in warning, do you? Just my thoughts...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

what coating did you use on the interior?
      Justin Hocking
      67 Mustang Coupe to Fastback swap
      TCI front and rear
      Detroit Mini Tub

Future coyote

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com